Marketing & Communications Director (Full-Time)
The Iowa Clinic is looking for a talented Marketing & Communications leader to join our team!
Job duties as the Marketing & Communications Director:
- Partner with chief marketing officer to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate a comprehensive marketing and communications strategic plan that will drive forward key business objectives of The Iowa Clinic and its leadership team.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with key media contacts and content influencers to maximize earned media opportunities with the intention of influencing public perception and actions taken.
- Serve as liaison between physicians and media, providing internal spokespersons with talking points and guidance for media interviews and ongoing requests. Work to identify storytelling opportunities that align with editorial calendars/reporter beats through research and regular and proactive communication.
- Assist in the ideation and creation of press releases, media statements and earned patient testimonials / other Clinic stories.
- Work closely with the chief marketing officer to develop internal messaging and communications to drive understanding and buy-in for core initiatives.
- Proactively manage and direct crisis communications activities to protect brand reputation.
Event Strategy & Implementation
- Strategize, plan, and oversee the community relations and events manager to execute internal and community specific events.
- Develop content strategy and oversee (or support as needed) the execution of various content marketing efforts for The Iowa Clinic and its departments. Collaborate with marketing team members to ensure strategic alignment of messaging across all channels (e.g., social).
- Oversee community relationships, sponsorships, and support. Build and nurture high profile relationships with key non-profits.
- Work across all levels of the organization to identify, prioritize and implement marketing and communications programs that support strategic priorities.
- Manage events and community relations staff to ensure effective implementation.
- Work with other members of the marketing team to develop strategic, comprehensive marketing campaigns inclusive of earned media.
- Serve as a liaison to department directors and physicians to accomplish departmental marketing and public relations goals.
- Oversee and direct agency partners as needed.
- Collaborate with the chief marketing officer to ensure funds are allocated in the most effective manner to advance The Iowa Clinic’s goals and priorities.
Requirements for the Marketing & Communications Director:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Journalism required, APR or advanced degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience working in marketing and/or advertising.
- 5+ years of experience in a progressively responsible management or supervisory role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build trusted relationships
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
Why Work at The Iowa Clinic?
At The Iowa Clinic, our physicians and employees are our most valued resource and the differentiator in the service and care we provide. We exemplify our Star Values of Service Excellence, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Stewardship which enables a work environment where each individual can contribute and excel.
The Iowa Clinic values the diversity and unique skills and talents of each individual and strives to create a workplace that supports and develops its people.
The Iowa Clinic is locally owned by doctors living and working in our communities. That means decisions about patient care are determined by you and your physician, not someone else. We are proud that our 250+ healthcare providers consistently rank top in quality and outcomes as recognized by Iowa’s largest health insurer.
We also offer competitive benefits – including one of the most generous 401(k) employer profit sharing programs in the metro!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-29