Marketing Communications Manager
Privately held company in fast-growing cybersecurity and computer networking sector is seeking a marketing professional to join a dynamic, high-energy team. As Marketing Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for internal and external communications supporting our brand, products and services.
- Develop, write, edit and produce corporate communications including website content, collateral, blogs, presentations, case studies and other materials
- Develop, design, implement and measure impact of email and social media customer communications
- Develop webinar strategy, selecting presentation topics, building slides, drafting marketing messaging, conducting or hosting the live presentations, and evaluating and reporting results.
- Slide/presentation development tailored to a wide range of technical to non technical audiences.
- Run trade show/events, promotion plans, and budgets for each event; present post-event analysis, and choose impactful events to repeat or try new.
- Develop and implement an integrated PR and social media strategy.
- Community engagement
- Video concept and production, working with third party agencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience;
- 3 to 5 years’ Marketing Communications Manager experience, or experience in similar role within cyber security/networking (e.g. Product Marketing Manager / Product Manager) with a desire to move into the communications role.
- Impeccable writing, proofreading, and editing skills; proven ability to deliver compelling marketing communications that engage, educate, and motivate business and technical audiences
- Experience collaborating and driving success with cross-functional stakeholders, external vendors and agencies
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement, including digital marketing, SEO, and related disciplines
- Experience with cyber security or networking software products
- Experience managing relationships with external marketing / design agencies
- Experience running virtual trade shows with ability to maximize virtual booth participation
- Experience managing design and development resources, internal or 3rd party
Untangle is an innovator in cybersecurity products designed specifically for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding businesses, home offices, nonprofits, schools and governmental organizations. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity to organizations with limited IT resources. Untangle’s award-winning network security solutions are trusted by over 40,000 customers around the world.
This position is located at Untangle’s headquarters in San Jose, California. Initially, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will be onboarding and working from your home office. We hope to soon be back in our office when deemed safe and local restrictions have been lifted.
We offer a dynamic, fun work environment where the snacks are plentiful and the walls are bright. It’s a high-energy atmosphere of reliable bold products disrupting the networking industry. As an Untangler, you’ll enjoy…
- Competitive base comp and bonus plan
- Generous paid time off: 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K program with matching
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- Free catered lunches
- Stock option equity participation
- Gym membership at our building (when deemed safe to return to)
Did you hear about some of our many accolades, including:
- Cyber Defense Magazine – 2020 Most Innovative for Small to Medium Size Business (SMB) in Cybersecurity
- The Edtech Awards – 2020 Cool Tool Winner in Security Solution for K-12 and Higher Ed
- SC Awards- 2020 Excellence Award for Best SME Security Solution
- Spiceworks #1 Best Content Filtering Appliance
- Spiceworks #1 Best Software Firewall
Check us out: www.untangle.com
Job posted: 2020-11-13