Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager will work collaboratively within the Communications team and across GLIDE to manage short and long-term marketing and communications projects, timelines and calendars, external vendor relations, internal and external project requests, and systems to help achieve the team’s overall project goals. The Marketing & Communications Manager will participate in strategy development and planning, and will serve as a generalist marketing and communications contributor to the team, providing digital/social media, writing, design, and marketing expertise to projects in collaboration with other team members. This position will be responsible for the monitoring and management of the calendars, systems, operations and other deliverables to ensure projects are moving forward on time and on budget.
The Marketing & Communications Manager must be highly organized, familiar with and skilled at various communications and marketing functions, channels and best practices, and able to manage multiple projects with cross-team contributors. The ability to motivate others, think creatively and strategically, and ensure implementation of projects with a positive and encouraging manner are a must-have skills in this position. This person must be able to periodically work non-traditional hours (nights, holidays and weekends) and will be required to attend all assigned events and provide onsite support. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties can be assigned, and the duties and responsibilities of the job are subject to change without notice.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director, participate in marketing and communications strategy and planning sessions, identifying strategic opportunities to increase GLIDE brand, visibility, and content in existing and new platforms.
- Manage various projects of the Communications Team, including calendaring, project logistics, systems management, communications operations, and vendor relations.
- In collaboration with cross-team members, manage brand and marketing strategy across digital, social, traditional platforms and promote GLIDE programs, activities, services and fundraising.
- Develop and maintain various marketing calendars, tracking deliverables, collaborating across teams, reporting progress and key milestones.
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met, proactively providing updates to the Senior Director and other team members
- Serve as a primary staff responsible for intake of and analysis of internal requests for projects from the team, determining with the team and Senior Director, project requirements, timeline, and resources.
- Represent the Communications team on cross-department project teams, strategy meetings, and creative/implementation sessions.
- Serve as a generalist contributor for writing, design, social/digital media, and other communication technical needs to supplement and back-up other team members and projects.
- Manage systems and operations, including project management tools, meeting agendas, vendor contracting/invoicing, communication technology platforms
- Identify efficiencies and ongoing systems maintenance to ensure the department meets their growing needs and goals.
- Collaboratively manage GLIDE’s printed, video, and photo collateral and assets inventory; online archives, photo and video imagery, and other systems.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, attending and actively participating in staff and individual meetings and trainings.
- Adhere to all laws and requirements regarding confidentiality, professional ethics, contractual agreements, etc.
- Directly supervise Social Media & Communications Associate;
- Coach and mentor direct reports regarding performance and problem resolution;
- Ensure the development and retention of staff by growing and investing in each person’s knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Consistently communicate responsibilities and expectations using tools such as work plans, performance evaluations, regular feedback;
- Work with Senior Director and HR to resolve personnel issues in accordance with GLIDE’s policies and procedures.
- Highly creative and organized, able to oversee multiple concurrent projects to completion through structured thinking, tracking, communications, and administrative support.
- Ability to consistently produce accurate and professional work-product: attention to detail is essential;
- Motivated self-starter who is willing to take direction and execute both independently and as a member of a team;
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work;
- Able to anticipate potential issues and provide solutions;
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic;
- Works well under pressure and manages stress effectively in a demanding and fast paced environment;
- Has the ability to work effectively across cultures. Demonstrates a commitment to staying curious, learning, communicating, and working respectfully with people different from themselves;
- Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of GLIDE.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5+ years of experience working in marketing, communications, project management, preferably in the non-profit field
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management, marketing communications, design, events and/or program administration. Experience using project management or task management software and systems, as well as digital marketing and social media platform tools.
- Preferred: Experience working in a community-based social service agency with people in relationship with homelessness and poverty and the problems that often come alongside these experiences.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral, written, visual, and audial communications;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficient use of MS Office suite. Some knowledge of HTML, CSS, and website production including WordPress helpful;
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google AdWords desired;
- Experience with Content Management Systems desired;
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot and/or Click and Pledge a plus;
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite helpful.
The physical demands described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Vision corrected in normal range;
- Hearing corrected in normal range. Ability to communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking;
- Able to use equipment typically found in an office environment. Uses standard office equipment and inputs and retrieves information from a computer. Uses computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time. Stationed at computer keyboard at least 75% of working time;
- As this position requires periods of sitting and repetitive use of a telephone, computer and other office equipment, this person must take frequent short breaks and integrate stretching into her/his daily duties to avoid musculoskeletal disorders;
- Activities that occur frequently are: sitting, standing, walking, and handling. Activities that occur infrequently are: bending, crouching, kneeling, twisting, reaching straight above and below shoulder level, carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds;
- Ability to sit for minimum periods of one hour at a time, and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day. Ability to move quickly to address emergency or potentially dangerous situations. Ability to move about the building and the organization as needed;
- Ability to move about the buildings. Ability to use public and/or private modes of transportation. Duties are office based, but travel to offsite venues is required.
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced, with frequent interruptions, demanding, social services office environment;
- Noise level is moderate to noisy and lighting is conducive to completion of work;
- The employee may be exposed to air borne pathogens;
- GLIDE’s buildings are located in the Tenderloin. Due to our surroundings, it is important to always be aware of what’s going on around you while walking around the neighborhood. GLIDE maintains an “open door” policy to the community and its clients, who frequently enter and leave the building.
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At GLIDE, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration. Help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, plus any additional info that might be relevant!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-16