Marketing Communications Manager
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you’re ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
Marketing Communications and Promotions serves as the pivotal interface between Timken’s go-to market strategies and the development of integrated communications plans and tactics to support these strategies. The goal of this role is to effectively reach key external stakeholders, including distributors, original equipment manufacturers, end users of our products, and relevant trade media at the right time, with the right message delivered in the right way(s) for maximum impact. Incumbent will utilize expertise in marketing communications to create innovative strategies to promote our existing product offering and to bring new products and services to market.
- Develop, maintain and execute the annual marketing communications plan ensuring alignment to corporate and regional go-to market strategies. Key elements include:
- Develop and maintain all promotional materials to support our global selling efforts with a focus on (a) clear and concise messaging, (b) an articulation of the Timken value proposition and (c) the dissemination of promotional content through both online and offline communications channels. Promotional materials may include sales literature, website / social media content, case studies, presentations, trade show activation, videos, catalogs and more.
- Direct and manage the briefing, sourcing and prioritization of external agency work.
- Implement strong KPI reporting to measure communication effectiveness.
- Develop and serve as project lead for in-market communications of new product launches. Ensure that initiatives properly generate awareness and develop quality lead opportunities within target customer groups.
- Create and manage business processes related to organizing and updating communications assets (image library, promotional materials, literature, videos, translations, etc.). Work with agencies and software tools to ensure good governance for all marketing content.
- Drive frequent coordination with regional MARCOM teams in support of corporate marketing-led initiatives.
- Support management team members with communications advice and brand guidance working collaboratively with corporate communications as needed.
- Exceptional technical writing and presentation development capability to articulate and explain complex initiatives, programs and value propositions to a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to write compelling content for various online and offline communications channels.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven ability to manage quickly shifting priorities, requirements and overlapping deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships, both internal and with key external vendors.
- Strong attention to detail, follow through and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Analytical skills to measure and improve aspects of the digital customer experience, develop metrics and report key insights to senior leadership.
- Rich digital media and communications background and experience.
- Extensive global business experience engaging with high energy team members from around the world
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or Business
- 10 years’ experience in marketing communications, project management, technical writing, digital or similar
- Master’s degree in Marketing or MBA preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Why Choose Timken?
- Over a century of knowledge and innovation
- A culture of top performance
- A global, diverse environment
- Products that contribute to a sustainable world
- A conviction to improve communities around us
- Competitive salary and benefits
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-15