Marketing and Communications Manager
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager in our Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia offices. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is flexible, dedicated, client-service oriented, resourceful, high-energy and collaborative who is able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. The Marketing and Communications Manager will create and implement communication strategies that reflect the firm’s brand and positioning, shape and disseminate high-impact messaging, and achieve effective and proactive media coverage in support of key business goals with a primary focus on supporting the DC Metro area and select practices. This candidate must be a strong writer, possess a client service orientation, be able to develop relationships within the firm as well as with the media, meet tight deadlines, possess strong attention to detail and remain calm under pressure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works hand in hand with the Chief Communications Officer, the Marketing and Communications team, and the office and practice leaders to create a proactive communications program that supports the strategic objectives and aligns with global practice objectives
- Develops story/content priorities and outreach strategies designed to build thought leadership including media placements, bylined articles, newsletters, alerts, events, multimedia, other targeted efforts
- Creates and repurposes content for external communications on various platforms
- Writes press releases, internal communications and other media collateral as needed
- Plans, researches, monitors, writes, and executes awards submissions and nominations, internal and external thought leadership events and social media contributions
- Understands how to identify opportunities on a variety of external PR channels and fully utilize these channels to achieve goals
- Consistently seeks out new opportunities to place attorneys/stories in client-facing media
- Provides strategic and creative support for internal and external communications programs, writes/designs collateral as needed for handouts, the firm’s Intranet, presentations, white papers, etc.
- Coordinates with attorneys and marketing business staff to develop office and practice-specific marketing plans and provides research on any relevant community relations opportunities (as requested by attorneys) and manages the community relations list
- Provides media relations support, including pitching and monitoring interviews and prepping attorneys with talking points
- Provides social media support including drafting targeted posts and assisting with attorney training
- Focuses on media outreach and press releases for lateral hires throughout the northeast
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Collaborates with marketing and other business professionals throughout the firm across functions and teams.
Skills & Competencies
- A self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently
- Ability to synthesize complex information into a compelling narrative for media, client or firm use
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Candidates must have outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to communicate effectively with attorneys and professionals at all levels
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong client-first work ethic
- Must be attentive to detail, work well under pressure, and have the ability to manage simultaneous and tight deadlines
- Preferred candidates will have excellent writing/copyediting skills, including specialized experience in business and/or legal writing
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with The AP Style Guide, as well as the rules of English grammar and style are required
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, in journalism, public relations, English, communications, or related field preferred. Experience as a business or legal journalist preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 6-8 years professional experience as either a business writer, legal writer or content developer, or PR professional with experience at a PR agency, law firm or government agency
- Track record of successful media placements designed to build thought leadership
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Writing portfolio that demonstrates experience translating complex topics into compelling copy
- Strong understanding of the news media, existing media relationships preferred
- Well-versed in identifying PR risk issues and providing regional leaders with scenario guidance and coaching to help make decisions
- Experience in leveraging social media channels to achieve maximum word-of-mouth exposure.
- Knowledge of digital image procedures for press, screen and web; and photographic rights issues and processes.
Greenberg Traurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Greenberg Traurig are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24