Marketing & Communications Manager
Salary Range: $80,000-$100,000 per year
Momentum for Health is one of the largest nonprofit providers of behavioral health services in Santa Clara County. Each year, we serve 4,000 adults and youth living with a mental illness. Our comprehensive programs and services include prevention and early intervention, adult and transitional age youth (14 to 24) outpatient services, employment services, day rehabilitation, addiction treatment services, residential treatment, supported housing, and a volunteer program. Momentum works to reduce and eliminate stigma that surrounds mental illness and behavioral health care through a community relations program that promotes education, diversity, and collaboration.
This leader will work collaboratively within the organization to meet organizational objectives through integrated digital and traditional marketing efforts as well as tracking and translating performance through detailed analytics. This role is responsible for providing support, direction and guidance on brand messaging and tools to communicate specific departmental needs. This manager will be able to craft and communicate our story to support Momentum’s broader marketing initiatives and inspire creativity and build transparency to ensure effective operations across the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Marketing & Communications Manager, working in close collaboration with the Director of Development & Communications, will be responsible for developing Momentum’s overall marketing and communications strategy. Duties include:
- Drafting an annual plan for marketing & communications across multiple channels and platforms, including an annual editorial calendar.
- Creating the vision of what Momentum’s public image could look like in the next 3-5 years.
- Developing meaningful metrics to evaluate our marketing & communications efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Identifying needs and areas of growth for Momentum and for the department related to marketing and communications.
- Overseeing the hiring and management of vendors such as a marketing/PR firm, webmaster, graphic design, etc.
- Hiring and supervising a marketing & communications assistant within the first 6-12 months.
- The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for asset management, content creation, and development of all agency collateral. Duties include:
- Maintaining and updating the website on a regular basis in collaboration with Momentum’s webmaster. This individual will also manage a major website redesign tentatively planned for 2021 or 2022.
- Collaborate with colleagues in various programs and departments to curate stories, photos, and other content on a regular basis.
- Manage and grow Momentum’s social media presence, creating opportunities to meaningfully engage our supporters, clients, and community partners.
- The Marketing & Communications Manager will also be responsible for managing Momentum’s media relationships and public image. Duties include:
- Supporting the CEO and other team members by preparing for public speaking engagements and media interviews, developing talking points and presentation materials as needed.
- Working in partnership with a marketing or PR firm to maximize opportunities for media attention.
- Leveraging relationships with community leaders to expand Momentum’s visibility and reach.
- The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for marketing Momentum’s programs and services to potential donors, clients, insurance companies, community leaders, and other stakeholders. Duties include:
- Working closely with program heads to develop a strategy for marketing to each audience through a variety of channels, including social media, paid advertising, email communications, community relationships, etc.
- Gathering input from donors, clients, and other stakeholders as necessary to inform best practices.
- Maintaining close relationships with elected officials to stay alert to new opportunities for connection, visibility, and/or funding.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend and participate in staff, program, agency and community meetings, as required, requested or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: (E = Essential; D = Desired)
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about advocating for behavioral health care and comfortable working with a small but highly collaborative team. We are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Five to ten years of experience in a strategic communications and/or marketing role. Experience in a nonprofit and/or healthcare setting is strongly preferred. (D)
- Experience working with media outlets and pitching stories to TV and print media. Established relationships with local media is a plus. (E)
- Proven experience and leadership in managing brand, comprehensive strategic marketing and communications and content marketing programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals. (E)
- Outstanding project management skills. (E)
- Proven problem-solving skills and abilities. (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills. (E)
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively. (E)
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work independently and in a small team environment; (E)
- Engage and communicate effectively with others in both verbal and written English; (E)
- Employ tact and diplomacy, exercise good judgment, and act calmly in emergency situations; (E)
- Work effectively with persons differing in value systems, ethnicity, cultural backgrounds, language capabilities and disabilities. (E)
- Exhibit exemplary customer service, compassion, and care in the execution of all duties and interactions. (E)
- Possess a valid California Driver License, with access to a reliable vehicle or for driving an Agency vehicle, current proof of auto liability insurance, and a documented clean DMV. (D)
- Physical requirements needed to perform the essential functions of this job in day-to-day performance of the duties of this position, with or without accommodation:
- Hearing and talking on telephone and in person (over 2/3 of the workday); (E)
- Standing, walking, sitting, pinching and finger flexion are required (over 2/3 of the workday); (E)
- Balancing, climbing and crawling are generally not required.
You may fax or mail your completed Employment Application to the Human Resources Department using the address listed below.
Human Resources Department
Momentum for Health
438 North White Road
San Jose, CA 95127
Phone: (408) 254-6828
Fax: (408) 259-2273
Please contact Donna Edward at email@example.com for any specific questions you may have. Thank you!
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-05-28