Marketing & Communications Manager
ABA’s Marketing & Communications Manager is a leadership member of the Marketing | Business Development team responsible for leading the marketing activities. The Marketing & Communications Manager demonstrates an ability to take initial direction and to work collaboratively and independently on projects and has the adaptability to respond to short term needs. This senior team member works in a deadline driven environment with minimal supervision and is excellent at prioritization. This role supervises the Marketing Coordinator and reports to the Director of Business Development and firm leaders.
The Marketing & Communications Manager supervises and creates marketing documentation: qualifications and proposal submissions, interview support materials, firm collateral, website management, content creation, social media strategy, and manages public relations activity. This role has excellent communications, copy editing and writing, graphics, and social media skills.
Key drivers: Creative and intelligent, with ability to take on assignments and move them energetically and thoughtfully through to completion. Meticulous attention to detail and strong coordination skills are expected, as is the poise and maturity to perform calmly under deadlines, and to provide mentorship to the Marketing Coordinator and staff. Proficient in social media and graphic creativity. Highly proficient in InDesign. Creative problem solver.
A positive attitude is a must! We are a strong team and look to add hard-working, motivated, and personable individuals to our great design firm culture. A/E/C experience preferred but not required.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you~
40% Pursuit Management & Design
30% Public Relations /Content Creation
15% Social Media Strategy
15% Website Management
- Manage and mentor the Marketing Coordinator
- Manage creative and accurate preparation of qualifications, proposal, and presentation activities
- Work with technical staff to develop thoughtful and detailed proposal components and scopes of work
- Prepare and maintain accurate firm and project collateral, graphic templates, and database resources
- Assist with marketing budget development
- Support/undertake project research
- Manage PR firm and needs
- Create Social Media Strategy
- Manage conference activity
- Lead website content development and management
- Represent the firm to clients, peer organizations, and business associates
Skill Sets / Qualifications
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; Microsoft Office and Teams; Social Media tools: Later.com, Canva; and basic coding a plus. Picks up new tools quickly.
- Graphic design experience
- Copy editing and writing experience
- Good mentoring / teaching abilities and leadership managerial skills
- Strong verbal communication and coordination abilities, will interface internally and externally with firm leadership, project teams and consultants
- Ability to work in a timely and proactive manner with multiple, simultaneous responsibilities with excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking, persistent
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic
- Friendly, outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and procedures, a plus
- Graphic design and production
- Presentation software
- Exhibits / Visual aids for use in presentations
- Production and use of photography, Photoshop
- Managing activities of specialized consultants
- Communicating the firm’s image and objectives
- Awards programs, submission guidelines and deadlines
- Market research data-gathering techniques
- Business/social etiquette and protocol
Bachelors or Associate Degree or 3-5 years equivalent experience
Full-time, salary. Flexible schedule yet accommodating to deadlines.
Due to COVID-19, our employees are currently working remotely. While this position will start as a remote position, this will be a position requiring time in the San Jose office.
ABA is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com or submit directly through our website.
Job posted: 2021-05-28