Marketing Communications Manager
About the job
Griffin Club Los Angeles and Meriwether Companies are seeking a Communications & Marketing Manager to plan, organize and execute a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for the club, the members and the staff. This position plays an integral role in developing the Club’s brand and message across all platforms including but not limited to print, graphic design, social media, video and Club events.
Below is a list of the areas of focus for this role:
– The Communication & Marketing manager creates, implements, and oversees communications programs that effectively describe and promote the club and its programming, events and activities including graphics, brochures, company or product fact sheets, signage (digital) logos, or other promotional products.
– Outbound marketing to membership via all channels.
– Create, promote and execute club events for all segments of the membership including families.
– Deep understanding of software and technology, some coding experience is ideal.
– Internal communication with staff & employees – employee blog / newsletter. Create new ideas related to employee communications.
– Implement new and efficient means of communication throughout the club and continually explore new software and technology solutions.
– Full ownership and management of the club’s public and private website via Northstar software.
– Cross departmental marketing and promotion.
– Develop and manage fully integrated campaigns – print and digital flyers, experiential marketing, event execution, contest fulfillment.
– Assist with the development and execution of club programming.
– Maintain calendars and ensure proper communication strategies both internally and externally.
– Manage social media efforts – copy writing, content curating / creation, scheduling, database management and tracking engagement.
1. Knowledge of Club Offering.
a. Thorough understanding of Club’s membership documents, programming and general offering to members
b. Conceive, develop and administer the GCLA advertising strategy including working with outside vendors to create advertising and promotional designs and campaigns.
c. Attend General Employee, Department Managers, Membership Sales and Ambassador Committee Meetings.
2. Professional Appearance & Ethical Conduct
a. Maintain professional appearance and dress appropriately.
b. Personal and professional conduct ethical and consistent with the vision for the Club
c. Promote goodwill and positive energy throughout the membership and staff
d. Maintain integrity and supply of membership documents
e. Highly visible in order to interact with members and guests. Assist General Manager and staff with interaction and services provided to members’ guests.
Club General Manager and Director of Membership
• Creative collaborator
• Strong work ethic
• High Integrity
• Detail oriented
• Bachelors Degree and/or relevant experience in business.
• Proficiency in computer skills including, but not limited to, Office, Social Media platforms, CRM software, API, Coding, graphic design concepts and club management software (Northstar).
• 4+ years’ experience in a similar Director/Managerial/Sales position
• Experience in high end private club industry preferred but not required.
Generous compensation package opportunity based on requisite experience. Benefits include Premium plans (health, vision, dental), wellness opportunities, 401k match, impactful and entrepreneurial environment.
Those interested in joining our team can email the Director of Membership, Emily Dreibelbis: Emily@griffinclubla.com.
Job posted: 2021-07-14