Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing & Communications Manager
General Description: The Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM) is an integral part of the NMS leadership team, working collaboratively to realize NMS’s mission to “deepen the human experience and build connections through the learning, practice, and presentation of the performing arts.” NMS leadership includes the executive director, the MCM, and leaders from the development, programs, and operations teams.
Understanding the importance of communication at the intersection of fundraising, enrollment, and community engagement, the MCM oversees the NMS brand for all areas of the school and facilitates understanding of the unique NMS brand and voice across multiple channels and departments.
The MCM creates and implements marketing and communications activities; manages and oversees media outreach, advertising, and public relations; and directs marketing, development, and program-specific print and electronic publications. The MCM supervises marketing consultants who provide services in social media strategy, graphic design, website, and e-blasts.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination;
- An understanding of the NMS mission;
- A love of the arts and belief in the importance of arts education;
- An appreciation of the diversity of the New Haven region and the NMS community;
- A commitment to equity and inclusion, and a desire to be part of building an Anti-Bias, Anti-Racist culture;
- Ability to work collaboratively, and to build and maintain healthy working relationships;
- A desire to lead through compassion and service;
- Passion for personal growth;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; experience in regularly producing content;
- A creative eye with a keen sense of design and layout;
- Experience with marketing campaigns and brand management;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and timelines;
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with pride in quality of work;
- Skills related to work in marketing, advertising, or communications, such as:
- Ability to manage remote consultants,
- Basic data management and analytical skills
- Proficiency with: Constant Contact, WordPress, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Google Workplace, and social media platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with executive director, relevant NMS staff, and consultants to develop marketing and communications strategy;
- With NMS values firmly in mind, shape external voice of the organization;
- Create and manage marketing and communications plan;
- Represent NMS at community events and other arts-related collaborative groups.
- Manage marketing budget; prepares and approves related invoices;
- Manage vendor relationships (consultants, designers, printers, photographers, etc.);
- Assist in coordination of events, as needed.
Marketing and Communications
- Maintain detailed calendar which reflects communication needs of all NMS departments;
- Produce written content for press releases, e-blasts, social media, website, program material, fundraising material, Board reports, and other communications;
- Oversee electronic communications, including website design and content management, social media campaigns, and weekly e-blasts through Constant Contact;
- Direct advertising design and placement;
- Coordinate publicity plan for all programs in support of recruiting and retaining students;
- Manage public relations, developing strong interpersonal relationships with community, news, and service agencies;
- Oversee press releases, news features, interviews, etc., and pitch stories to media outlets;
- Direct design and fabrication of flyers posters, program materials, event collateral, and fundraising material;
- Oversee use of visual assets within the school campus;
- Organize and manage photo and video storage and archives;
- Coordinate professional photo and video shoots, and acts as onsite NMS photographer when needed;
- Collect student, faculty, and alumni testimonials;
- Communicate school closings and delays via website and e-blasts;
- Post open position descriptions on appropriate platforms;
- Maintain email lists.
Job posted: 2021-12-28