Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing and Communications Manager
Job Title: Manager Marketing communications
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: VP of Marketing and Communications
Designation: Exempt fulltime
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is the leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. Since 1898, FIAF has been dedicated to creating and offering New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts, all exploring the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures.
French Institute Alliance Française is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3), non-governmental organization incorporated in the state of New York. Its mission is to promote and enhance the knowledge and appreciation of French and Francophone culture, to increase the knowledge of the French language, and to encourage interaction among French, Francophone, and American people through programs in education and the arts.
FIAF’s Principal activities:
- Language programs in NY and NJ
- Cultural programs, including two large-scale, multi-disciplinary performing arts festivals per year
- Cinema (weekly film series, special film premieres, Animation Festival)
- Special events (Art de vivre series specializing in fashion, décor, beauty, etc.)
- Talks, conferences, panel discussions, and lectures with authors, politicians, celebrities, etc.
- Art exhibitions
- Culinary/wine events
- Children’s programs and educational outreach
Position Summary: French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) seeks an experienced, highly organized, and resourceful manager for a fast-paced marketing and communications department.
This role is temporarily hybrid (3 days pers week in the office) due to COVID-19.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Write marketing copy and create dynamic content for all of FIAF’s channels, including the website and social media for FIAF’s award-winning language center and cultural events, including special events
- Work with the VP of Marketing on all integrated marketing and publicity efforts, including email marketing and press outreach
- Manage CMS by building and updating webpages and event registration portals
- Implement and oversee strategies and timelines for marketing communications
- Maintain marketing calendar and act as inter-departmental trafficker and proofreader to ensure consistency of FIAF style and brand messaging across all print, web, video, and digital assets
- Analyze and report on web traffic and social media performance, including paid digital advertising, to help inform new strategies and campaigns
- Coordinate photo/video needs for the department and maintain archive for both
- Process departmental invoices and assist in managing multiple marketing budgets
- Manage and cultivate partnerships to increase visibility for FIAF, including school outreach, promotional programs, and trades with similar organizations
Qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of proven successful experience in marketing or public relations is preferred.
- The individual must also possess excellent writing and presentation skills with a strong eye for details.
- The ideal candidate is a reliable self-starter with an ability to take initiative and follow through with measurable results.
- The individual must be able to make timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, humor, and good judgement, and must be able to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent human relations skills are a must, as is the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- French language skills are ideal, though not required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis.
How to Apply
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send resume and thoughtful cover letter including salary requirements to Sarah Zafrani Sidi, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com.
FIAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, citizenship status protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2021-12-28