Marketing and Communications Manager
Options For All is seeking a detail-oriented and creative self-starter with exceptional writing and storytelling skills that can be applied in internal and external channels. This person will work directly with the executive leadership team and will be involved in content creation, driving an active and engaged social media presence for OFA, media monitoring and reporting, internal communications, branding and marketing, as well as, the coordination of press materials, and a central role in the execution of special events.
While the state government’s stay-at-home order is in place, this position will serve in a remote capacity. Once the order is lifted, this position will serve in the headquarters office located at 5050 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite 220, San Diego, CA 92123.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage a communications calendar (content, graphics, schedule, channel, impact monitoring)
- Develop, implement, and measure impact of email campaigns
- Create and maintain internal methods of communication (i.e.: newsletters, videos, and emails)
- Update and maintain OFA’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting updates to the CoS and executive team
- Lead creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
- Create and curate engaging content
- Communicate and build relationships with current or prospective clients
- Build and update fundraising donor lists and databases, in compliance with tax and fundraising laws
- Schedule, coordinate and attend various events
- Develop, write and distribute approved press releases
- Oversee media relations, including pitching, researching and scheduling interviews if needed
- Assist with organization of executive photos, photo opportunities and events
- Build and manage relationships with both local and national media
- Assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc.
- Assist with planning and executing special events, if needed
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent written communication
- Must be social media fluent
- Ability to multitask, detail-oriented
- Bachelors in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in email marketing, story-telling, and social media marketing
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
Compensation range is $55,000 to $70,000 annually depending on experience, plus access to comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and a 403(b) retirement program. For immediate consideration, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls or recruiters).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. They must be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. Ability to lift 10lbs. required.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee will experience normal office conditions with a well-lighted work area and minor noise from standard office equipment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02