Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing Communications and Public Affairs Manager, Americas Region
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of Marketing Communications and Public Affairs Manager is to develop and implement communications programs and messages – including marketing communications, web content, and direct marketing – to educate and inform stakeholders, including customers, employees, trade media and interest groups. Reporting to the Hub Division Manager-IATU North America, you will ensure a coherent, integrated communications strategy and brand positioning in line with Division strategy throughout the Region. Take responsibility for excellence in all communications measures within the framework of an approved budget.
- Strategy: Provides regional input to global communications strategy. Develops and implements Region communications strategy and plans
- External communications: Plans, develops, executes or supervises all external communications on behalf of Hub’s management and/or in coordination with the global team. In particular, develops an appealing story line of our solid business in 2021 in preparation for the coming carve-out of Turbocharging
- Internal communications: Provides tools and supports America’s management on employee communication, presentations, events etc.
- Brand identity: Ensures consistent brand positioning and messages across the Region, based on overall corporate strategy. Safeguards brand identity, corporate design and regulatory compliance in all communications, both internal and external
- Issue and crisis management: Ensures accurate knowledge of existing issues and crisis plan at Region level. Develops and updates vulnerability assessment plan in coordination with the global team and ensures all issues and crises are handled with minimum negative impact to the organization.
- Media: Ensures consistency of media activities and takes responsibility for all media relations within the Region.
- Public affairs: Develops and defines the operational public affairs strategy in alignment with the global team to support the business strategy in the local organization
- Monitors, analyses and interprets developments in legislative, regulatory, political and economic environment and advises management on how these trends may impact the organization’s business interests
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships at all levels of government, public services and other authorities to facilitate communication and help advance the organization’s business interests
- Represents company position on legislation and government policy to government representatives, committees, trade associations and other regulatory agencies so that the organization’s interests are advanced
- Finances and budget: Applies rigorous controls to communications budget, ensures transparency and maximizes effectiveness and efficiency
- Knowledge exchange: Plays an active role as a member of the company communications team. Share’s knowledge and leverages best practices from across the organization
- University degree in journalism / communication / marketing and minimum 10 years of experience in communications, ideally in related industries
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), both in English and Spanish
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage several projects at any given time
- Experienced in campaign management, online communications
- Ability to explain technology in an easy and engaging way
- Self-starter, autonomous
- Collaborative, strong networker and team player
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation. ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Publication ID: US79978307_E1
Job posted: 2021-12-23