Marketing & Communications Specialist
The Marketing & Communications Specialist serves as a creative and analytically minded storyteller for the Home Building Group’s (HBG) marketing and communications team. This position supports the production and implementation of multi-purpose content, including for internal and external audiences, for Clayton’s Home Building Group.
- Create, refine and publish clear, concise quality content that targets internal and external audiences by working collaboratively with team members, subject matter experts, managers and leadership across a large company.
- Apply company brand standards and follows company content style guides in execution of work.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to create and edit content as needed on projects.
- Shoot and edit video content for projects as directed by manager.
- Plan, develop and execute strategic, multi-purpose content into targeted deliverables for internal communications, web, email and social media publication.
- Research, schedule, write and edit a variety of content including, but not limited to internal communications, video, email and website copy for B2C and B2B publication for multiple audiences.
- Distill complex concepts into simple, coherent communications for different audiences.
- Utilize AP style formatting in writing; edit communications per AP style guidelines.
- Maintain content calendar for multiple content categories.
- Maintain and create project calendars and timelines to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinating projects and schedules.
- Perform administrative functions as needed.
- Conduct analytical tactics to improve content reach.
- Analyze and optimize content practices to achieve desired results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; degree in communications, marketing, or journalism preferred
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills, as well as keen editing skills
- Experience with B2B and B2C storytelling
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop Illustrator and In Design preferred
- Demonstrated creative writing experience and AP style formatting required; experience editing for AP style preferred
- Experience shooting and editing video content preferred
- Experience using internal communications, social media and/or email marketing platforms preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- Works well under deadlines with a sense of urgency
- Strong problem-solving ability and idea generation
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be organized with ability to plan and track project tasks
- Ability to receive and accept constructive feedback and guidance from peers and leadership
Work is performed in a typical office environment without special working conditions or physical demands. Flex or Remote work options are available. If remote, must be able and willing to travel to corporate office when needed.
Learn more here
5000 Clayton Rd
Maryville, Tennessee 37804
Job posted: 2021-04-19