Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing & Communications Specialist
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
Horizons for Homeless Children (Horizons) is a local non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of young homeless children in Massachusetts and helping their families succeed by providing high-quality early education, opportunities for play, and comprehensive family support services.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is a critical member of the team, implementing tactics designed to help Horizons for Homeless Children accomplish its strategic communication objectives. This purpose-driven individual should be comfortable in the role of content generalist able to bring a message to life in words and images. They should be motivated and people-oriented since building relationships will be a key component of successfully filling this role. Creativity and a willingness to learn and adapt to the ever-changing media and technological world are must.
- Creative Development
- Develop content that is both written and visual in nature. Light graphic design skills will be required in the telling of some stories.
- Contribute to team content calendar with creative ideas for headlines, content and supporting imagery.
- Tactic Execution
- Creation and updating of communications materials as assigned (ie: printed and digital collateral, graphics, program journals, annual reports, etc.)
- Implementation of email marketing campaigns (platform: Luminate)
- Proactive and reactive social media and website content creation and posting.
- Use technology tools to implement forms, web and social media content.
- Take photos and videos of events and activities.
- Contribute to the team’s content calendar, ensuring timely delivery of assigned deliverables.
- Serve as a representative of Horizons as needed at public appearances and community relations activities.
- Event support including virtual and hybrid events, particularly as it relates to user experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Journalism or related course of study
- 4-5 years of related experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent writing, proofreading and general communication skills.
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and implementation including familiarity using Canva.
- Deep familiarity and comfort creating and implementing engaging content for social media.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign and Photoshop)
- Experience with email marketing tools (esp. Luminate) is preferred.
- Experience with virtual and hybrid events is preferred.
- Experience with photography, videography and video editing is required.
- Ability to prioritize, be flexible and meet daily deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Hybrid work schedule currently requires 3 weekdays in the office and 2 weekdays remote. Local travel to program sites, media outlets, and to special promotional events may be required. Some extended hours such as evening or weekend work may be necessary when promoting certain events or project launches.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Career growth opportunities
- Extensive health benefits (medical, dental, eye med, FSA)
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Cell phone discounts and much more
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
For more information about Horizons, please visit horizonschildren.org
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-20