Marketing Communications Specialist
Cox Media, part of Cox Communications, works with local businesses to provide multi-screen marketing solutions. The Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies and programs for Cox Media products and services in an effort to attract new clients, grow total advertising spend with existing clients and reduce overall client churn in the local market. Design marketing materials that enable the local sales team to effectively communicate how Cox Media’s products will solve for local businesses’ challenges. Customizes corporate marketing initiatives to optimize performance and maintain brand integrity in the local market. Serves as the resident expert on product positioning, internal and external communications, lead and demand execution and brand integrity. Segment clients appropriately and develops actionable front-to-end marketing strategies based on business insights and a keen understanding of the client base in the local market.
The positions requires a fast pace of work, multiple demands and high pressure to deliver results. Works independently with limited supervision; requires a higher degree of autonomy, proactivity, initiative and problem solving than entry level positions. The collaboration required for this role allows for interaction with many different partners each day.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Develop, implement and report results of customer retention programs, campaigns and initiatives with an end goal of reducing customer churn.
- Responsible for lead generation including acquiring new leads, qualifying lead potential, “warming” potential leads through demand generation campaigns and tools, lead transfer to sales at appropriate point and reporting results of lead generation activity.
- Responsible for demand generation including front-to-end strategy of campaigns, content creation/implementation, campaign implementation and reporting of results.
- Collaborate with Marketing Analyst to develop “head storyteller” presentation templates for use by Sales and Sales Services as a blueprint for developing customized client presentations.
- Execution of client events, sales incentives, CM-branded gift creation.
- Develop and maintain Cox Media’s social media presence to encourage client engagement and dialogue.
- Utilize programming resources, affiliate sites, and programming search tools to compile information and disseminate to sales and other appropriate departments.
- Consistently seek out training opportunities on our industry, media landscape and B2B marketing strategies.
- Design elements, craft messaging and enhance sales collateral pieces, competitive positioning materials and packages.
- Provides local market expertise related to product positioning, customer retention initiatives, lead generation, Cox Media B2B advertising strategy and the Cox Media brand.
- Support marketing needs of unique local products such as Go! Omaha on YURView, etc.
- Create client-facing report templates used to report digital media or other campaign performance.
- Implement Cox Media ad solicitation strategy and campaigns in the local marketplace.
- Local market point of contact for network affiliate reps.
- Collaborate with Marketing Analyst to perform deep dive analysis into customer segments that translates into actionable insights from CRM tool.
- Manage opportunities provided by Cox Residential and Business (i.e. bill inserts, newsletters, eblasts, etc.)
- Compile, develop and maintain client testimonial/case study library.
- Takes initiative to find opportunities and recommend solutions, based on findings within various data points.
- Seeks out and attends job-related training to increase knowledge industry, media landscape and business-to-business marketing strategies.
- May occasionally participate in on- and off-site client activities which may occur outside regular business hours.
- Excellent skills in adaptability, building relationships, delivering customer service, formal presentations, high impact communication, initiating action, PC skills, producing results, quality orientation, reasoning, and written communication, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Design or layout along with high impact written communication experience for various types of mediums (marketing collateral, website, advertising, etc)
- 2 or more years of experience required in related field
- External candidates – 2 years marketing communications or public relations experience preferred in a related field (Internal candidates-1 years)
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook in a work setting with demonstrated expertise in PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, or a related field.
- 2 years marketing communications experience in a sales-driven media organization
- 1 year experience developing and managing campaigns that include social and other new media
- 1 year experience using CRM platforms
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24