Marketing and Communications Specialist III-IV
Orano USA is seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist III/IV for our Orano office in Bethesda, MD. The Marketing and Communications Specialist is primarily responsible for coordinating with the Corporate Public Affairs team to develop and implement strategic campaigns enhancing Orano USA’s brand and competitive position in the nuclear energy materials marketplace. Responsibilities include writing, editing, website management, developing videos and presentations, and basic graphics targeting external and internal audiences. The candidate will also coordinate with and support activities and initiatives including strategy development, government affairs, market research, and public outreach.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Orano business units in the marketing, communications and positioning of their products and activities
- Write and edit external and internal communication materials, including press releases, articles, social media posts, presentations, talking points, and white papers
- Create and update external and internal website content and assist in the development of engaging videos.
- Coordinate the activities of outside consultants.
- Assist with media relations, including development of appropriate responses to media inquiries. Ensure adherence to Orano’s branding, image, and graphics requirements.
- Assess, compile and format actionable metrics
- Conduct market research and monitor trends.
- Lead special projects as assigned.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field, and at least 5 years of closely related experience. An advanced degree may be substituted for related experience.
- Excellent writing and editorial skills, including persuasive, creative, social, website and technical messaging
- Good networking, listening, questioning, and analytical skills
- Proficient with business software, including word processing, presentations, spreadsheets
- A wide degree of creativity and proactive self-sufficiency is expected
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
- Displays business acumen, influencing skills and customer service with colleagues and customers
- Must be adept at working in a diverse cultural setting and/or experience working for a global organization
Orano is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-04