Marketing – Director, Corporate Communications
Objective: The Corporate Communications Director is responsible for communicating the Company’s news-worthy actions and activities, and its position on topics and issues to the media, the public, and internal audiences. Build on existing campaigns to support the vision of TRHC to be considered the most trusted organization for technology and services focused on the safe use of medication.
- Draft quarterly corporate communications strategy and plan for review/approval and execute on plans including media, digital, social and web communications.
- Research and write press releases for internal approval and external distribution. Topics typically include notices of upcoming product and/or service launches; acquisition of new clients and subsidiary companies; gains in innovation and technology; research milestones; company growth; recognition of awards and successes of the company and its people.
- Leverage TRHC’s corporate communications partner as their primary contact within TRHC, interfacing with various executives and TRHC company leaders to understand and consider the potential for new releases. Establish TRHC’s agenda items for weekly corporate communications firm meetings. Follow-up as to the outcomes following each meeting. Coordinate quarterly on-site meetings with corporate communications firm and key TRHC stakeholders to consider strategy for the next quarter/year.
- Lead TRHC’s crisis communication efforts through our partner firm, interfacing with various executives and TRHC company leaders to understand and consider the potential for crisis issues that could have a negative impact on TRHC’s reputation. Continue to develop TRHC’s crisis scenario playbook and update approved scenarios as needed. Report back as to the outcomes following each monthly meeting. Coordinate quarterly on-site meetings with crisis communications firm and key TRHC stakeholders for media training and crisis response training.
- Interface with TRHC’s Senior Vice President of Investor Relations to understand key messages for the investor community and to assure brand consistency. Support IR team with press release distribution, website content, social media posts and IR digital newsletter. Supports investor relations conference and other communication needs.
- Educate TRHC stakeholders on corporate communications policies and processes.
- Consider TRHC’s, digital, social, web strategies and make recommendations to marketing for improvement. Assist marketing team in the execution of plans.
- Support the establishment of internal, cross-company communications plan.
- Understand fundamentals of communications for a public company, including disclosure requirements. Gain approval from Company Disclosure Committee prior to distribution.
- Provide media outlets (newspapers, TV, radio, web sites, etc) with notices of upcoming activities, newsworthy events and advertising.
- Establish, maintain and build roster of contacts at local and national media outlets for the purpose of pitching stories and ensuring coverage of press releases and activities, as needed.
- Arrange for media interviews, brief executive/subject and coordinate details. (If outside agency is engaged, coordinate with them.)
- Prepare media kits and organize press conferences. (If outside agency is engaged, coordinate with them.)
- Provide, when appropriate, press releases to clients and potential clients.
- Update the website with press releases and other news.
- Understand who the official designated company spokespeople are and support the compliance to this fact.
- Demonstrated communication proficiency: excellent verbal and written skills.
- Business acumen: organizational and planning skills; decision-making, results driven.
- Poised, professional communicator.
- Customer/client focus.
- Understand media needs and media relationships.
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to keep information confidential.
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
- Ability to work in high-stress environments over a period of time.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, masters preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience in Corporate Communications/Public Relations with an agency or similar healthcare technology company.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Comfortable multi-tasking, responding to urgent request and working off-hours to meet deadlines.
- Seasoned collaborator with excellent presentation skills able to interact on the executive team level.
- High tolerance of ambiguity.
- Optimistic, positive attitude.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04