Marketing Manager- Communications
You know us as the food and beverage company behind a lot of your favorites like Stouffer’s, Nesquik, Toll House, and Lean Cuisine, as well as new discoveries like Sweet Earth and Chameleon Cold-Brew coffee. Across our organization, we’re creating a workplace where collaboration is important, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day!
DiGiorno Rising Crust pizza invented the premium frozen pizza category. We look at the way things are and ask “what if” and “why not”?….usually followed by “who wants pizza”? If you are someone who would challenge the limitations others place on frozen pizza we should talk. Because a great night doesn’t get delivered. It gets made. It’s not delivery. It’s DiGiorno.
Our Marketing Communications Manager will champion and own growth, profit, and share for our DiGiorno brand by leading the mining of consumer insights that create a sustainable competitive advantage. Daily responsibilities will include setting brand strategy, optimizing the marketing mix, and leading the creation of killer creative to tell the brand story. In this role you’ll lead communications strategy, development, and execution across the marketing mix (digital, PR, TV, promotions, media, etc.); cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders like Sales, Finance, Media & Social as well as external agency partners is paramount in order to plan breakthrough consumer experiences and disrupt the status quo. An ideal candidate will embody an “intra-preneurial” approach, and have evidence of owning the business and disrupting the category.
- Develop a strong understanding of brand foundational tools and ensure the relevance of the brand’s identity, essence, vision, mission, and core values
- Obsess over consumers’ enduring motivations, cultural context, and the business landscape; leverages marketplace data and trends to more deeply understand behavioral drivers of the brand’s consumer or a particular consumer segment
- Strategically chart a course for the category, portfolio, and brand using data-driven decision-making; use the various business planning cycles to build compelling stories to rally internal teams and customers
- Produce continuous growth out of total demand generation dollars; pursue new breakthrough ideas and refreshes our brands for the modern era in both creative expression and media mix
- Exhibit passionate food and beverage curiosity; prioritize powerful and rewarding sensorial experiences like superior taste and alluring packaging
- Design personalized consumer experiences and tells compelling stories wherever and whenever content is consumed; brings the purpose of our brands to life with breakthrough creative in service of unlocking business growth
- Work with internal teams and external creative / media agencies to develop marketing strategies and plans that increase awareness, penetration and / or purchase frequency
- Partner with Sales and Customers to execute best-in-class strategy and win the sale in an omni-channel environment; understands how to maximize the business at retail and collaborates to deliver results
- Manage projects on time and on budget as well as exhibits decision-making abilities around investment alternatives that mitigate risk and maximize return
- Champion Nestlé’s Ways of Winning (Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage) with direct reports and colleagues, leading by example to motivate and inspire direct reports and cross-functional teams supporting the brand to win with consumers
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Minimum 7 years Brand Marketing experience, with a minimum of 2 years of people leadership
- BS/BA in Marketing or related field required; MBA preferred
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is preferred
- Must have a deep level of expertise and have achieved proven results across various marketing communications disciplines including advertising, PR, digital, social, shopper marketing, consumer promotions, etc.
- Strong drive for results and ability to display leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication, strategic thinking, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer
- Experience developing strategic brand / product plans, such as communication campaigns and commercialization strategies that break from the category and drive sales
- Experience connecting with cross-functional teams and leading agency partners
- Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights and transforming them into marketing innovation
- Deep understanding of total commercial spend and key P&L drivers; experience managing large consumer marketing budget and media investment decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking by analyzing data and synthesizing learning into insights and action to drive innovation in media mix decisions and strong business results
- Experience leading marketing communication projects
- Action-oriented with the ability to think and react quickly to changing circumstances
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing initiatives with long lead times, adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-08