Marketing Manager – Consumer Communications-20002874
The Marketing Manager, Consumer Communications is responsible for the development and implementation of the consumer communication strategies for Gerber US across consumer touchpoints with a focus on Baby Food.
S/He will oversee the efforts to strengthen and align the highly recognized and trusted Gerber brand to recruit consumers and increase loyalty. They will also lead the Digital center of excellence (group of communications specialists) to support communication planning and Gerber’s Services, crucial to building the consumer experience across all segments. This position frequently engages with senior leaders across Marketing and Sales, Nestle Operating Companies, Global services, agencies, partners and emerging platforms.
OVERALL COMMUNICATION STRATEGY:
– Establish Gerber leadership in the communications space by driving the branding services, key communication strategies and services roadmap.
– Pioneer new ways of thinking and continually seek innovative and breakthrough ideas, approaches and solutions by staying current with consumer consumption habits, “first-to-market” opportunities, best practices, design thinking and emerging technologies.
– Input into the long-term communication and integrated marketing strategies for Gerber.
15% – Brand HealthTracker performance in Key Attributes; Market Share
CONSUMER COMMUNICATION STRATEGY & TOUCHPOINT PLANNING:
– Develop and implement yearly consumer communication plans in partnership with cross-functional teams and COE’s
– Own, drive and implement breakthrough & real time based consumer experiences including leadership on both internal-content farm & external content creation initiative, CRM, shopper and media investment to maximize KPIs driving to higher ROI.
– Central point of contact on all digital channels (owned digital assets/content/SEO,CRM/eCRM, Social)
40% – YE Brand HealthTracker performance in Key Attributes; YE Brand funnel; YE MS%, RIG%, OG%; MMA-MTA continuous improvement/ROI; Key Media KPIs
Own and drive shopper engagement scorecard KPI’s & optimizations to maximize ROI. Integrate into larger communications scorecard to further optimize across tactics.
15% – Performance metrics meet/exceed goals, optimizations made across tactics
Manages strong relationships with Tier 1 Media partners to develop and execute a learning agenda that builds organization capabilities and best-in-class segment performance, lead QBRs.
10% – Creation of annual learning agenda; learning agenda actions planned vs met; QBRs; # of innovation tests/experiments and their impact or % that beat benchmark; # of trainings for Gerber capabilities development, capabilities executed at scale
BRAND SERVICES STRATEGY & IMPLEMENTATION
-Shape the future of our services to elevate our proposition and deliver higher engagement, expand into new platforms and drive increased value for our brand and categories
15% – Service KPIs: Quarterly engagement goals, delivery of service innovation, Brand Health Tracker
AGENCY & BUDGET MANAGEMENT:
– Selection, coaching, development and relationship management of specialized agencies to ensure excellence in ideation & development and flawless execution.
– Consumer Communications budget definition and management with the support of the Brand teams and Finance co-pilots
10% – Agency and Gerber’s Performance ratings (e.g. APRAIS); Awards for Marketing Excellence (EFFIEs, Brand Building Awards, etc.); Working/Non working PFME & Media ratio; CRM timelines & accuracy
TALENT & CULTURE DEVELOPMENT:
– Build a Best In Class, fast, flexible communications team including the definition and implementation of the most productive structure, populated with the necessary talent skillset, working with the right mindset and effective and fast processes.
– Manage and oversee activities of assigned team: assigning projects, ensure prioritization of workload to meet deadlines and budget and deliver overall development of the team: coaching, feedback, functional training, recognition and rewards, providing visibility of the team to Sr. management.
– Promote a collaborative and constructive culture within the marketing group and with all relevant stakeholders. Ensures elimination of “silo mentality”.
– Help educate and bring up the digital & service IQ of the overall Demand Generation teams
– Become a recognized example and an advocate for our company purpose (proudly devoted to babies) and values (we care, trust empower, obsessed, win)
10% – High performer turnover; Quality of PDP’s & PE’s; Employee engagement survey results (Nestle & I); Internal Client Satisfaction; 360 Evaluations
Key Relationships External to Nestlé Group:
Communication Agencies, Research Agencies, Field Sales, Retail Customer, Partners/Publishers, packaging agencies
– Bachelor’s degree is required.
– MBA in a relevant marketing discipline with CPG experience preferred.
– Minimum 8 years of marketing experience; heavily focused towards Digital Marketing with proven success developing multi-channel strategies; proven experience leading and developing direct reports/agency teams to ensure excellence in execution.
– Background in leveraging overall Marketing objectives and research to design and deliver impactful consumer communication marketing strategies.
– Track record in championing enterprise applications to support marketing strategies.
– Experience in developing and managing data strategies, data reporting/KPI’s, digital insights, and best practices.
– Strong business expertise including objective setting, ROI measurement and budget management.
– Strong experience in Creative developments; showcasing “outside the box” thinking; strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent storytelling capabilities.
– Proven success in challenging and fluid business situations.
– Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop people.
– Works extremely well in leading and participating in matrix organization and multi-disciplinary teams.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-15