Marketing and Membership Assistant
The Public Affairs Council is seeking a Marketing and Membership Assistant with strong organizational, writing and editing skills. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, is detail-oriented as well as creative. Key responsibilities of the position include providing administrative assistance in email marketing, social media scheduling and tracking, website page review and tagging, membership renewal process, database updates/enhancements and assisting with research projects.
Supporting the Marketing and Communications Team:
- Assist with the email marketing process, to include creating email drafts within the Informz platform, sending tests to project managers and the marketing team for review, making test updates, and using analytics tools to track performance.
- Schedule social media content across the Council’s platforms [LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram] and monitor social media news and traffic about the Council and related public affairs topics.
- Perform regular sweeps of the pac.org website to ensure content and links are current and functioning, reach out to program managers when pages need to be updated.
- Other duties may include but aren’t limited to: maintaining press lists, coordinating logistics with printers and other vendors, and collating materials.
Supporting the Membership Team:
- Assist with renewal process, including verifying dues categories, creating invoices, creating activity reports, assembling and distributing hard and soft copy renewal packets and following up with late payers.
- Generate member rosters, distribute them to prime contacts to encourage them to make updates. Follow up regularly.
- Using directories of public affairs professionals, identify additional contacts at prospective member organizations and add them to AA.
- Assist with ad hoc membership projects, such as updating Fortune/Forbes rankings in AA, cleaning up data in AA, updating membership section of website, tracking engagement of least active members, verifying that primes are still with their organization, etc.
- Strong writer, editor and proofreader
- Collaborative, team player
- Organized and able to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience managing social media calendars and posts
- Experience working with CRM software
- Knowledge of Associations Anywhere CRM, WordPress web platform and Higher Logic email platform
- Experience working for a trade association or other association
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Public Affairs Council we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative team members. We are focused on equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that make us different and better as a whole.
About the Public Affairs Council
Both nonpartisan and nonpolitical, the Public Affairs Council is the leading association for public affairs professionals worldwide. The Council’s mission is to advance the field of public affairs and provide its 700 member companies and associations with the executive education and expertise they need to succeed while maintaining the highest ethical standards. Learn more about the Council at pac.org.
Job posted: 2021-08-24