Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Marketing And Public Relations Manager
Reporting to the Chief Development and Communications Officer, the Marketing and Public Relations Manager will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Urban Pathways’ mission and increase the organization’s visibility within the community. The Marketing and Public Relations Manager is a storyteller at heart with an understanding of how to engage with a variety of stakeholders on behalf of the organization. This individual will be responsible for creating, implementing, and monitoring the success of a comprehensive annual communications plan. This person will lead the development of a dashboard geared toward demonstrating the effectiveness and return on investment for all communications efforts. The Marketing and Public Relations Manager will work closely with senior staff and the Board of Directors and will supervise the Communications Associate.
- Develops and manages the implementation of an annual marketing and communications plan in alignment with the organization’s strategy and budget.
- Within the annual marketing and communications plan, develops and executes on a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Manages media inquiries and interview requests; coordinates all public relations activities.
- Advises and directs Communications Associate to engage audiences across traditional and new channels, ranging from print appeals and materials to video and social media.
- Monitors, analyzes, and communicates results on an ongoing basis with monthly reporting using a comprehensive dashboard, to be created in consultation with the Chief Development and Communications Officer.
- Nurtures and builds relationships with key stakeholders and thought leaders to increase industry awareness and visibility within the community.
- Maintains a keen understanding of industry trends affecting the organization, our staff, and our clients, and makes strategic recommendations surrounding those changes and trends.
- Identifies opportunities to redesign communications materials or adjust the Urban Pathways brand standards and shepherd those initiatives.
- Demonstrates a learning mindset and an ability to adapt to the rapidly changing marketing environment.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in ongoing training and professional development.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in relevant discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years marketing and public relations related experience.
- Experience building relationships with and placing stories with various media outlets.
Other Job Information (if applicable):Skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build and nurture effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience writing persuasive content for articles, op-eds, press releases, etc.
- Experience building and integrating a brand across an organization – messaging, graphics, collateral, advertising, website, and social media.
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for mining data to inform strategy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to Urban Pathways’ mission.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
To Apply: Please click on the link below
Job posted: 2022-09-18