Marketing – VP, Corporate Communications
The VP, Corporate Communications will oversee all communications involving the organization including the development and implementation of a communications strategy and a broad and diverse range of business and marketing communications. Plans and directs communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products. Approves promotional campaign ideas in various types of media, as well as counsels top management on effective communication strategies.
- Hires and trains communications staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of communications team members.
- Manages performance of staff including setting goals and objectives and providing regular feedback on performance.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop the corporate messaging.
- Develops and implements a communications strategy for the corporation that builds and maintains a positive corporate brand.
- Oversees corporate communications and branding in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and industry magazines.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the corporate website including methods to deliver message, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current and relevant.
- Provides consistent and timely information to team members through various communications programs.
- Acts as corporate spokesperson and responds to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases as needed.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media.
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
- Provides suggestions concerning graphics, clarity, distribution, and press releases to Finance and Accounting departments for preparation of the corporation’s annual report.
- Develops, implements, and adheres to communications budget.
- Develops, composes, distributes, and implements polices to enhance the efficiency of the communications department and to further develop the building and maintaining of a positive corporate brand.
- Coordinates crisis communications management
- Select and manage outside vendors such as external communication agencies, news wire company, etc.
- Collaborate on messing with Investor Relations
- Manages a departmental function within a broader corporate function. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership.
- Excellent managerial and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with corporate management, team members, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- From time to time, able to have flexibility in hours worked to manage emerging situations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field. Graduate degree in related field desired.
- Multiple years of experience in public relations, including managerial and comprehensive marketing experience required. Public company experience preferably in the Health Care sector strongly preferred.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ancestry or national origin, race or color, religion or creed, age, disability, AIDS/HIV, gender, marital or family status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information, military service, protected caregiver obligations, sexual orientation, protected financial status or other classification protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04