Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Media and Communications Manager
Squire Patton Boggs is one of the world’s strongest integrated legal practices. With over 1,500 lawyers spanning more than 40 offices across four continents, the firm is renowned for its local connections and global influence, delivering comprehensive legal services across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
We currently have an opportunity for a Media and Communications Manager to join our global business development team. This position is responsible for assisting with the execution of the firm’s external publicity efforts, supporting internal communications and promoting an overall awareness of the Squire Patton Boggs brand across multiple geographies and platforms.
This position can be based in Atlanta, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Miami, New York, New Jersey, or Washington DC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with colleagues in a variety of disciplines from across the firm to manage day-to-day execution of PR programs and ensure integrated communications approach and strategy for internal and external audiences.
• Oversee the placement of firm press announcements and seek out other brand enhancement opportunities, such as award submissions, thought leadership opportunities for the firm’s lawyers and the placement of articles.
• Create and assist with a variety of short-form and long-form content including social media posts, internal announcements and other digital vehicles.
• Combine an active knowledge of industry trends with a strong institutional knowledge to better aid the Department’s efforts.
• Write responses for submissions to various industry awards, recognitions and surveys.
• Work collaboratively with the firm’s Business Development function to support strategic business plans of Industry and Practice Groups.
• Promote the firm’s pro bono and DEI efforts.
• Develop relationships with key journalists in the legal, business and trade press.
• Support internal communications efforts. This includes drafting content for the intranet, blogs and newsletters, as needed.
We require a four-year college degree (marketing, communications, or business degree preferred) and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a communications role within a law firm, agency or professional services environment. Experience in law firm support – including understanding of legal practices and experience with law firm PR and communications is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of communications strategies around complex business and legal matters including media engagement, content development and spokesperson coaching and preparation. Strong multi-tasking abilities, superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines as they occur is a must.
Squire Patton Boggs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion or creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other condition protected by applicable law. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-10-30