Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Media Innovation and Partnerships Manager
Title: Media Innovation and Partnerships Manager
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Media landscape is transforming like never before. The lines between publishers, channels, platforms and content are rapidly blurring, creating massive opportunities to drive growth for brands that stay ahead of the curve.
As the Media Innovation and Partnerships Manager, you will play a key role elevating the US Personal Care media strategy to penetrate culture and maximize return on marketing investment in this exciting context.
This is a high profile role in the US PC DMC, reporting into the US PC DMC Lead.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You EAT, BREATH and SLEEP MEDIA. You are passionate about pop culture, possess a strong background in planning fundamentals and knowledge of the media landscape.
You are a STRATEGY expert. You serve as the in-house media planning and strategy expert, partnering with our media agencies to deliver breakthrough media plans.
You are a PIONEER. Eager to explore and experiment in trend-led and innovative approaches across platforms. You vet and develop new capabilities owning joint plans with media and ad tech partners for the business unit.
You LOVE marketing. You think and act strategically and creatively. You Get On The Front Line, providing world-class brand experiences and a deep understanding of what drives and influences sales and an outstanding consumer experience.
You believe in PURPOSE driven marketing, the responsible use of media and is passionate about innovations that improve the lives of our customers, the environment and an equitable society.
You BRING TEAMS TOGETHERserving as a vital connector to develop truly holistic plans.
The scope of the roleincludes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Own PC media strategy. Challenge and partner media agencies and brand teams in the development of creative and innovative media plans that are future proofed for the evolving media landscape.
- Contribute to the Brand Planning Process (i.e., annual, and on-going) to drive holistic media strategies that drive brand purpose and leverage the full funnel model (i.e., create and convert demand).
Media Innovation and Partnerships
- Drive media capability building agenda across the media and marketing organization, focusing in the emerging spaces and the convergence of media and commerce.
- Cultivate relationships and capability with key media and ad tech partners to ensure Unilever is well positioned to remain ‘the’ thought-leader in the media marketplace.
- Identify and coordinate PC scale tentpoles and partnerships that allow our brands to standout in key moments in culture.
- Develop and drive best practices for media strategy, planning and execution in partnership with agency and media partners.
- Steward and share media performance with key Unilever stakeholders and identify learning and trends that can be leveraged across broader Unilever portfolio.
- Develop learning plans to support the rapidly evolving consumer and digital landscape that drive a pioneering approach to Unilever’s media engagement.
If you have what it takes and are passionate about Media, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing OR related industry experience – MBA or Master’s Degree a plus.
• Minimum of 6 to 8 years of media strategy/planning experience
• Experience working on media and digital deployment with CPG brands
• Advanced knowledge and experiences with platforms and performance media strategy, execution and KPI oversight
• Strong grasp of Data Driven & Performance Marketing and Audience Management and evaluation
• Strong communication, people and collaboration skills
• Pioneering spirt and ability to explore and embrace new trends and unknown approaches
• Attention to detail and execution
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growthopens in a new window | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefitsopens in a new window | Every Voice Mattersopens in a new window | Global Reachopens in a new window | Unilever: Life | LinkedInopens in a new window | Strategy | Unileveropens in a new window | Why work for Unileveropens in a new window | Careers at Unileveropens in a new window | Unilever Global Websiteopens in a new window | Check Out Our Spaceopens in a new window
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.comopens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Job posted: 2022-10-30