Media & Public Relations Manager
With over 1,000 franchised learning centers worldwide, Mathnasium is a must-have resource for families who want to ensure their kids meet their full academic potential. The home office marketing team is responsible for supporting local center owner marketing efforts, driving national marketing campaigns and increasing the number of center owners opening new locations. The Public & Media Relations Manager role will support local, national and franchise development marketing efforts to gain more publicity in national and regional news, business news and franchise industry publications.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Build and maintain relationships with editors, reporters, and influencers who cover the topics of parenting, business, franchising, and general news.
· Uncover stories and pitch angles from within our company and our learning centers to create ideas for coverage.
· Leverage press releases and advertorial opportunities to maximize the exposure of our brand.
· Establish guidance and tools for our franchisees to garner their own local publicity in turn-key fashion.
· Monitor and measure the impact of all publicity efforts and report on progress against objectives to senior management.
· Priority is on North America, with consideration for additional impact internationally.
Examples of Key Projects/Goals:
• Work to gain a pre-established amount of impressions across multiple media outlets per year
• Create and maintain a robust list of media contacts that are followed up with on a consistent basis
• 5+ years of experience in media relations
· Experience and contacts within the education or franchise industries
· 2+ years writing press releases
• Eager and enthusiastic to develop relationships
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Highly organized and great at multi-tasking
We offer numerous competitive benefits including:
· Snacks and refreshments daily, fresh fruit weekly.
· Matching 401(k), dollar-for-dollar, up to 4 percent of salary, effective immediately.
· Tuition reimbursement for children enrolled at Mathnasium.
· Tuition reimbursement for work-related studies.
· Company-sponsored events and celebrations throughout the year, including a summer picnic/sports competition and end-of-year holiday party.
· Choice of numerous discounted PPO and HMO insurance plans.
· Employer-paid dental insurance for employee; optional coverage for dependents
· Convenient location next door to a major fitness facility, up the road from Westfield Culver City in a newly built office with ocean views and beautiful grounds.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-22