Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Media Relations Manager
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Media Relations Manager serves as an on-the-record spokesperson and day-to-day media liaison to elevate the media presence and reputation of the Company. The Media Relations Manager partners closely with the Executive Director Corporate Communications & Media Relations and tactically advances the Company’s overall communications strategy and programming by building and leveraging relationships with the press and conveying messages that align with the goals and tone of the executive team. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategic communications and supportive media relations strategies and tactics to increase awareness of MGM Resorts programs, initiatives, accomplishments and activities.
- Serve as official on-the-record spokesperson as assigned, responding quickly and accurately to a wide range of media inquiries by phone and email, providing timely, well-articulated answers.
- Prioritize and filter media requests with a keen sense for what needs escalation.
- Effectively implement day-to-day communications operations, including scheduling and facilitating media interviews and coordinating press conferences.
- Manage all reporter visits, including preparing briefing materials for staff and leadership (i.e., reporter bios, talking points, etc.) as well as logistics (securing parking passes, notifying security, escorting reporters, etc.).
- Prepare and distribute press releases, memos, talking points and interview responses.
- Develop and update media lists for print, broadcast, and digital.
- Establish relationships with key media influencers to increase press coverage in respected news outlets.
- Pitch reporters, producers and editors on stories and pieces that contribute to the overall communications strategy of the company.
- Develop press kits, timelines and fact sheets for internal and external stakeholders.
- Using established monitoring tools, track all media hits and maintain and share records of press coverage; depending on nature of coverage, this could involve hour-by-hour tracking of emergency/crisis coverage or long-range issues and reputation coverage being carefully monitored by leadership.
- Collaborate with the communications team during crisis moments to ensure that reactions are tactically aligned with long- term communications objectives
- Manage the media relations pages on MGM Resorts’ digital assets to ensure they are current and up to date.
- Identify new staff and executives capable and willing to give media interviews and serve as experts on a variety of topics and provide them with the necessary guidance and training to make them credible resources for reporters.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or journalism; or equivalent experience.
- Two (2)+ years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
- Previous experience developing content for online content and emails
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional spoken and written communication abilities, including research, writing, editing and presenting skills, with experience producing digital content.
- Conscientious adherence to business ethics and confidentiality; demonstrates outstanding judgment and discretion.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and create high-quality work under pressure to meet deadlines with limited guidance from executives, delivering results calmly and with good judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as part of a team.
- Highly organized with solid project management skills.
- Highly collaborative yet has the proven ability to work autonomously.
- Creative, resourceful and solutions-oriented.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-26