Media Relations Manager – Job Number: 201606
- Proactively position and reactively support, advance and protect Schneider’s brand reputation in the eyes of the public, including day-to-day proactive and reactive media relations and crisis communication.
- Develop and manage trusted ongoing relationships with reporters and producers in order to successfully identify pitches and place newsworthy stories in top tier media and respond to media inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, write and distribute news releases.
- Lead development of proactive external communications strategy and execution in areas such as Corporate Social Responsibility, safety initiatives, driver associate initiatives, etc., in conjunction with cross-functional teams and outside agencies to support Schneider’s reputation.
- Create and manage a rich editorial calendar, awards events, conferences and speaker grid for the executive team, general managers and other key stakeholders.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401k savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or relevant field; graduate degree is a plus.
- 4-6 years of proven experience as a media relations or public relations manager or another relevant role.
- 3 or more years of experience in transportation and logistics related issues is a plus.
Job posted: 2020-09-15