Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Media Relations & Thought Leadership Lead
Job Grade: 05b S30
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelors Degree in journalism, public relations, or other relevant topics
- 10 years+ of experience in PR or journalism, with an active network of press relationships and contacts. Experience in Agile project management a plus.
- You have understanding of contemporary PR and the disruptive changes in the global media environment; you can drive innovative ideas in this field.
- Ability of breaking down complicated things into easy-to-understand messages and telling stories in innovative ways. You seek all angles to pitch a story, not just “breaking news.”
- You have excellent writing skills in English with samples to share.
- Passion for digital marketing, social media and all things tech related and an expert on social trends, educate the wider team on capabilities.
- Ability to create MR campaigns and write content for PR and Social Media
- You have the mind-set and passion to actively support the transformation of “classic” Media Relations towards a digital next-generation Media Relations team.
- You have a clear and visible profile in the digital communication world.
- You make data-driven decisions.
- As a federal contractor, Siemens Energy continues to monitor federal and state legal guidelines regarding the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. Siemens Energy is pausing its mandatory vaccine policy while the issue is addressed by the courts. SEI will monitor the situation closely and may reimplement its policy if required to comply with federal law. Should the vaccine policy be reimplemented, this position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
- You are our media spokesperson and represent the company externally for North America.
- You are based in Washington, D.C. and direct and manage media relations nationally to position the business as an industry leader. To that end, you will already have strong media contacts and proactive relationships with national business press and other mainstream media, particularly in the key markets of Washington D.C. and New York.
- You help identify, pitch and execute high-impact content opportunities for all external media channels while maintaining a view of current topics across the company, including regular reporting and analysis of earned media performance.
- You position Siemens Energy executives across different online and offline events, write speeches and develop briefing materials. You conduct communication training to develop a cadre of key experts as spokespersons and thought leaders. You are comfortable advising executives on how to conduct interviews and giving feedback on how to improve their messaging and delivery.
- You build a powerful 360° PR strategy around Siemens Energy business & technology
- You plan and organize proactive communication measures (e.g. press conferences, press workshops, press trips), ensure that they are implemented and always have an eye on Social Media activities in and around Siemens Energy.
- You contribute to the digitalization of the Communications function and think outside the box
- You work closely and collaboratively with the other departments and functions, especially with the Siemens Energy global media relations team, Region North America communications team, and Government Affairs.
- You support a high performing, empowered and accountable culture across the organization.
- You have an acute awareness and understanding of the energy market and key industry players (e.g. Associations, Government, Trade Media, Nationals etc.)
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Functions we enable our organization to reach their targets by providing best-in class services and solutions in the areas of IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, Strategy & Technology and more.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Job posted: 2022-10-30