Media Relations, Vice President
Teneo is a global CEO advisory firm. Working exclusively with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
Integrating the disciplines of strategic communications, investor relations, digital advisory, diversity & inclusion, management consulting, physical & cyber risk advisory, financial advisory, corporate governance advisory, political risk advisory, and talent advisory, Teneo solves for the most complex business challenges and opportunities.
A Vice President within Teneo Strategy is responsible for maintaining and building business relationships with clients and executing work programs. Vice Presidents are highly motivated and dedicated individuals with significant experience leading accounts across all aspects of communications, investor relations, government affairs and public relations. A Vice President is recognized as expert in their respective field and brings a wealth of client experience, a track record for successful execution and a network of professional relationships.
- Serves as a trusted advisor by influencing client direction in all areas of corporate communications and public affairs
- Identifies and follows media landscape trends; leads Teneo to effectively respond to a changing media environment
- Develops complex corporate communications programs for Teneo clients
- Leverages a network of media relationships, peers and colleagues to serve clients and regularly bring opportunities to the table that can benefit multiple clients across the firm
- Develops and presents original recommendations based on media experience and strategic and creative thinking
- Develops and reviews corporate communications materials, including press releases, Q&A, and executive talking points
- Engages with media as appropriate including pitching news and meeting with reporters on background to try to uncover opportunities for clients across the firm
- Makes complex decisions impacting colleagues and clients on a timely and transparent manner
- Fosters an environment in which commitment to quality and client satisfaction is a top priority; Works effectively with Teneo senior management to help identify client needs and works with other Teneo operating divisions to address them in an integrated team effort
- Helps train and develop junior talent
- In-house corporate communications, agency and/or journalism experience
- Exceptional and demonstrated understanding of how to create and amplify corporate narratives and messages
- Strong ability to convey strategic and financial messages in written materials
- Ability to take complexity and translate effectively; a creative and strategic thinker in the area of reputation management, sees around corners, approaches communications from new angles
- Superior client relationship building and management skills
- Executive Presence: gravitas, confidence, ability to present to a CEO (C-Suite leadership team)
- Effective Relationship Building: strong relationships with media and other stakeholders
- Leadership Skills: strong management and organizational skills with the ability to develop and execute multiplatform strategies for clients while working with the client and Teneo account teams
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-10