About the job
BOCA Communications is known for creating strategic B2B communications programs for our clients that help to build brands, drive profitability, and ultimately grow their business. We infuse our “right brain meets left brain” approach to create public relations programs for innovative companies ranging from startup to public including: JFrog, BigPanda, FloQast, Reputation and many more.
We are seeking an experienced PR Media Specialist. This is the perfect role for a public relations pro who is adept at building strong media relationships and is always hungry for the next big hit. If you are looking for a high-growth opportunity and a fun, fast-paced environment we want to hear from you.
While BOCA is technically located in the SF Bay Area, we are open to candidates anywhere within the United States and are open to working remotely.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive media relations strategies across multiple high tech clients
- Secure top-tier media placements across industry and business publications
- Develop and grow client relationships and act as a trusted advisor to clients on media strategy and targets
- Proactively manage client expectations and provide insight to ensure high levels of satisfaction Write, edit, and proofread pitches and other support materials ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Help develop strategic recommendations to identify opportunities for clients and prospects
- Track and report on media relations and social engagement
- Facilitate and support client meetings and events as needed
- Participate in the new business process including research, audits, and preparation of proposals
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with BOCA’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Live “in color” by exploring and being active in the world outside of work, including the arts, culture, politics, literature, charitable organizations, and/or other personal passions
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- 3-5+ years’ experience in public relations, digital, and/or social engagement
- Exceptional and demonstrable media relations skills
- Developed strong industry and business media relationships
- Highly creative with experience helping develop campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Excellent writing skills, including experience crafting pitches, releases, blog posts, and/or other content
- Excellent verbal communication skills, strong organizational and multitasking skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent client relations skills
- Ability to drive and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate closely with team members and clients
- Attention to detail
- Agency and digital/SEO experience is a plus but not a requirement
Building brand awareness and igniting lead generation are what we do. We partner with leaders to deliver business-driven Communication | Content | Insight. BOCA bridges the gap between these worlds. We know the intrinsic value of a marketing program is to drive action and deliver results: acquire new customers and partners, elevate the brand, increase company valuation, and shareholder value. We help build brands, drive profitability, and ultimately grow your business. Our clients are innovators in biotech, entertainment technology, health wellness, high tech, and financial technology. BOCA is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted: 2021-08-24