Mgr., Federal Government Affairs
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America’s most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren’t afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it’s not about what you studied or where you worked, it’s about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America’s leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn , Twitter , Facebook and Instagram .
As the leading global brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Legislative Advocacy
- Support communication of company priorities to elected officials, regulatory officials and staff and work with committees of jurisdiction to proactively advance AB priorities.
- Maintain and build network of Hill contacts
- Participate in the development of communications tools and materials used as part of the team’s advocacy efforts before Congress and the administration.
- Develop, manage and execute stakeholder management tools and processes.
- Work with consultants, trade associations and coalition partners.
- Monitor key trade association and coalition partner policy committees, advocacy efforts and other programs to advocate AB legislative and regulatory priorities
- Legislative Management
- Support the legislative affairs directors in managing AB’s legislative and regulatory agenda before the U.S. Congress and the Administration Agencies.
- Develop, manage, maintain and execute legislative and regulatory tracking system.
- Track legislation and regulatory process and regularly update internal business partners as to impacts on positions and priorities.
- Special Project Management
- Support internal & external special events such as: Beer Institute Annual Meeting, Presidential Debate Activities, National Conventions, Industry events, PAC Fly-ins, VIP Hill Visits.
- Support the federal government affairs team’s political outreach efforts
- Support the administration, planning and execution of stakeholder events in Washington, D.C. office
- Compliance / Reporting of Government Affairs Activity
- Support the timely submission of required documentation for monthly FEC, Federal LD-2, and LD-203 reports.
- Ensure appropriate lobbyist registrations/terminations for reporting purposes.
- Quarterly review and analysis of all lobbying time and expenses of internal staff and external consultants.
- Prepare, process and submit quarterly lobbying expenses for inclusion in LD-2 report.
- Minimum two years of Capitol Hill experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong network of Hill contacts preferred
- Political campaign experience preferred
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-06