The role requires someone who is a strong communicator and a self-starter. The ideal candidate is someone who can effectively partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement external affairs strategies that support business objectives, build trust among key audiences and drive reputation of Walt Disney World Resort. This position reports to the Director, Government and Industry Relations and will be part of a division that includes Public Relations, Communications, and Corporate Citizenship.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of local government, law or community relations
- Proven experience and strong understanding of the political process or political campaigns
- Experience advising and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to design and deliver effective policy strategies
- Previous experience working in or with a governmental entity
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building, negotiating, and influencing abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve problems
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated understanding of land use and development regulations
- Previous experience working in or with a governmental entity in Central Florida
- Previous experience working in or with a trade or advocacy association
- Previous advocacy experience
- Previous experience in other public affairs disciplines beyond government relations
- Demonstrated strong decision making skills
- Ability to effectively operate within fluid, rapidly evolving environments
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-13