Mgr, Regulatory and Market Compliance
LCRA’s Regulatory and Market Compliance Team is looking for a seasoned Manager of Regulatory & Market Compliance with a focus on NERC CIP / Cybersecurity experience. This position will manage and direct electric reliability compliance activities related to FERC-approved Mandatory Reliability Standards established by North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), regional reliability entity or state independent system operator requirements. Participates in preparation and implementation of corporate compliance policies, standards and procedures in cooperation with other functional areas. Supports management and staff responsible for compliance activities as needed. Assists in developing and managing departmental budgets, and schedules. Supports strategic planning and vision for overall direction of department and how its work accomplishes LCRA’s mission.
What you will do:
– Provides leadership and direction to staff
– Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns
– Provides leadership and direction to compliance activities throughout the organization. Responsible for compliance leadership related to FERC-approved Reliability Standards established by North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), Texas Reliability Entity (Texas RE) and/or the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). Collaborates and coordinates NERC compliance activities with compliance managers within other functional departments. Provides oversight for writing, designing and implementing procedures, plans and other documentation and subject matter to ensure compliance practices at acceptable levels of quality.
– Represents the LCRA on industry committees addressing NERC and ERCOT issues as assigned. Assures that systems, processes and procedures are compliant with PUCT, ERCOT, NERC, and other regulating bodies
– Organizes and conducts readiness audits to assure programs and policies are in compliance with applicable regulations and internal compliance program documentation. Responds to internal and external audits. Develops and/or implements action plans resulting from recommendations.
What qualifications you must have:
– Ten or more years of experience in regulatory analysis or regulatory compliance, with at least three years of experience regarding electrical power transmission, distribution or generation operations.
– A degree(s) in engineering, math, science, business or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
What qualifications it would be nice for you to have:
– Experience managing staff
– Background in Cyber Security preferred
What we offer you:
– Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
– 401(k) match up to 8%
– Paid time off, sick leave and disability benefits
– Wellness program including wellness incentive
– Extensive learning & development program
And more – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29