Mgr-State Govt Relations
What you’ll be doing…
You will be responsible for representing Verizon and influencing policy makers at the state and local government level. Your responsibilities will include ensuring the company’s compliance with state laws and regulations and developing and managing strategies and programs to ensure that the activities of the state and local regulatory commissions have a positive or neutral impact on the company. This also includes representing the company before the state regulatory commissions.
- Keeps management informed of pending regulatory action.
- Accountable for strengthening Verizon’s political impact using extensive government experience and network.
- Develops and implements regulatory/legislative strategies, tactics, and content in support of company goals and positions.
- Accountable for advocating Verizon positions with external stakeholders including regulators/legislators and other public officials.
- Handles responsibilities related to monitoring/managing state regulatory and legislative developments to identify issues affecting the company’s operations.
- Handles responsibilities relate to identifying and influencing proposed state regulatory/legislative activities.
- Plans and executes strategies to ensure that any state regulation/legislation has a positive or neutral impact on the company.
- Interacts with members of the state’s executive branch and with members of the state’s regulatory and legislative agencies.
- Serves as primary strategic liaison to company affiliations, special business and third party groups.
- Provides team direction on communicating key messages and strategic initiatives to stakeholders.
- Plans and develops strategic messaging.
- Represents Verizon at committee meetings that address regulatory/legislative action impacting Verizon.
- Compiles competitive intelligence.
- Handles responsibilities relate to identifying and influencing proposed state legislative activities.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in the state government relations areas, public policy, marketing/sales, regulatory, executive relations or related discipline.
- Knowledge of State, Access and Wholesale tariffs.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legislative processes at the state level.
- Willingness to travel within territory.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, delegate and conduct appropriate follow-up on all variations of projects, including cross-functional projects.
- Experience in the development, management and advocacy of telecommunications policies and positions.
- High level of expertise in advocacy/issues management and coalition-building.
- High level of knowledge concerning economic regulation in the communications, cable, or utilities industries.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating issues in support of corporate goals and objectives.
- Willingness to attend out of hours functions.
- Strong analytical skills in the public policy arena.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience negotiating.
- Demonstrated communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to present VZ issues and positions to external audiences, including state utility commissions, state agencies and their staffs in informal and formal settings.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-22