Mid-Level Strategic Communications Role
CLS Strategies is a Washington, D.C.-based strategic communications firm with a 25+ year track record of helping clients manage complex, high-stakes environments. We specialize in public and government affairs, regulatory, legislative, legal and crisis matters.
We are looking to hire an energetic, hardworking and organized individual for a mid-level position. Ideal candidates are driven self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams. Candidates must possess strong writing and research skills, have experience in media relations, and the ability to formulate creative communications strategies and messages. Ideal applicants have at least several years of professional experience working on Capitol Hill or political campaigns, at a PR agency or association, or in journalism.
Responsibilities for this mid-level position include:
- Contributing to strategic planning for multiple account teams and interacting with clients
- Assisting in the day-to-day execution of client work for multiple account teams
- Managing specific projects and work streams for multiple account teams
- Writing, including op-eds, talking points, memos, social media content and other communications materials
- Pitching stories, establish/cultivate media relationships, organize press events and other media relations activities
- Supporting firm leadership in business development, including writing proposals and participating in pitches
CLS Strategies has a long and proud record of promoting within, therefore your mid-level opportunity with us may lead to more responsibility and advancement. If you thrive on the challenge of finding solutions to complex challenges and want to join our team, please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Mid-Level Role” in the subject line.
Our company continues to work-from-home during the COVID-19 pandemic, therefore this full-time position will be a remote one for now. In the future we expect to return to an office environment, but in a more flexible fashion.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance plus a 401(k) retirement savings plan. For more information about the company, visit www.clsstrategies.com.
CLS Strategies. We don’t just raise the issue. We raise the game.
Candidates must possess strong writing and research skills, have experience in media relations, and the ability to formulate creative communications strategies and messages. Ideal applicants have 5-7 years of professional experience working on Capitol Hill or political campaigns, at a PR agency or association, or in journalism.
Job posted: 2021-06-01