Midwest Government Relations Manager
Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is a multi-specialty telehealth platform building a virtual front door to the healthcare system. Hims & Hers connects consumers to licensed healthcare professionals, enabling people to access high-quality medical care—from wherever is most convenient—for numerous conditions related to primary care, mental health, sexual health, skincare, and more. Launched in November 2017, the platform also offers thoughtfully created and curated health and wellness products. With products and services available across all 50 states and Washington, D.C., Hims & Hers’ mission is to make it easier for all Americans to access affordable care and treatment for conditions that impact their daily lives. In January 2021, the company was listed on the NYSE at an initial valuation of $1.6 billion and is traded under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about our brand and offerings, you can visit forhims.com and forhers.com.
Hims & Hers is searching for an experienced government relations professional to join our Public Policy Team. This position will be based in the Midwest and responsible for building relationships with state policymakers, managing contract lobbyists, interacting with trade associations, and attending relevant conferences and events in the region. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a team of contract consultants and partners externally and collaborate with the Hims & Hers’ Legal, Communications, Content, and Telemedicine teams internally to ensure alignment between business priorities and public policy goals. We are a remote-first company, so there is some flexibility re: location within the Midwest, as long as the Manager is comfortable with occasional travel. The position will report to the VP of Public Policy.
- Advocate for Hims & Hers public policy goals at the state capitol, government agencies and with other government stakeholders
- Represent Hims & Hers at relevant trade association and coalition meetings to advance the telehealth industry’s public policy goals
- Collaborate with the Legal team to read, analyze and interpret state legislation and other public policy relevant to Hims & Hers
- Collaborate with the Hims & Hers’ Director Public Affairs to engage the public and build partnerships with organizations that will validate Hims & Hers public policy goals
- Some travel required when it is safe to do so
Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years experience as a public policy professional, preferably working in-house at a fast-paced, rapidly growing organization
- Comfortable reading, analyzing and interpreting state legislation
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Healthcare background a plus
- Juris Doctorate a plus
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply!
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-28