MSL Communications Specialist
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, one of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a MSL Communications Specialist, within U.S. Medical Affairs, Immunology, located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Medical Liaison (MSL) Communications Specialist will be responsible for creating, reviewing, and maintaining scientific communication materials consisting of Janssen internal or published data, publications describing competitor data, and congress materials for the educational field needs for the Immunology MSLs in rheumatology, dermatology, and gastroenterology.
- Create, review, and maintain scientific slide decks and related communication materials as needed to support the Immunology MSL organization (rheumatology, gastroenterology and dermatology).
- Manage slide decks and related communication materials (e.g. track prioritization, timelines and progress for communication materials including MSL proactive and reactive slide decks).
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with communication materials (e.g. access/functionality/display)
- Collaborate with MSL partners for additional ad hoc slide decks and related communication materials.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., MSLs, MSL Scientific & Field Directors, Medical Directors, Integrated Evidence Team Leads, Medical Writing & Communications) to fully understand scientific needs and ways to address such needs through slide decks and related communication resources.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in life sciences, healthcare or a related discipline.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience 3 of those years in medical communications
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, with outstanding slide design skills with including scientific accuracy, visual appeal, creativity and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex clinical concepts into simple, digestible and appealing visual displays
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional environments as well as ability to partner with scientists, academicians, clinicians and external vendors
- Detail-orientation with ability to efficiently fact-check and find errors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Professional
- Experience in Immunology/Inflammation or related therapeutic areas
- Experience with VEEVA/iMedical Knowledge/iMedical Review submission process
- Experience in pharmaceutical health care compliance environment for external communication of scientific materials, with knowledge of compliant display of scientific data
- Ability to translate complex clinical concepts into simple, digestible, and appealing visual displays
Up to 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-18