Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Multimedia Communications Specialist
Select Sires, Inc. seeks an innovative and results driven Multimedia Communications Specialist to develop multi-channel digital marketing outreach communications, as well as a comprehensive range of training programs to help drive the professional development of the Select Sires workforce. This position will conceptualize and develop responsive multi-channel digital marketing and training materials to include corporate websites, eNewsletters, social media content, mini websites and video/multimedia communications to meet the company objectives of building a strong marketing image, increased audience awareness, and positive sales growth. This role partners with other communications team members in the planning, execution, delivery and measurement of the effectiveness of multimedia projects under supervision of the director of communications.
· Ensure all projects have consistency with corporate brand image including style, tone and quality
· Collaborate with communications department members on scripting and recording video and multimedia productions
· Translate conceptual ideas and business needs into high-end interactive multimedia using computer graphics, illustrations, audio, sound effects, motion graphics, video, animation, and special effects and edit final pieces to uphold Select Sires’ brand image
· Apply current web usability principles and multimedia best practices, including responsive design to all projects
· Participate in proofreading of all pieces created by the communications team
· Effectively communicate with all levels of technical and business resources
· Effectively communicate relevant project information, including project changes and challenges as they arise, to the director of communications
· Suggest new ideas/concepts/technology to improve marketing and team effectiveness
· Manage duplication and distribution of multimedia materials
· Operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
· Attend conferences and events as assigned to fulfill job responsibilities and complete projects
· Coordinate the post-sire summary updates including recording and editing audio clips and produce Facebook Live sire summary updates
· Develop member price lists for print at each sire summary
· Coordinate and conduct webinars
· Help plan and execute National Sales Conference and other meetings hosted by Select Sires
o Create event mini websites with input from key Select Sires staff
o Develop online registration with input from key Select Sires staff
o Help coordinate attendee packets/itineraries
o Organize and coordinate all audio/visual needs during a conference
Skills required include:
· Bachelor’s degree in Dairy or Animal Sciences, Marketing/Communications, Multimedia Design or Public Relations and related work experience preferred
· Proficient in audio editing, sound mixing, and video recording, editing and production
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
· Considerable experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially
o After Effects
o Premiere Pro
· Knowledge of video formats for delivery to multiple platforms: Internet, smart phones, iPad, etc.
· Ability to consult and collaborate with diverse individuals and departments on complex marketing or training issues, as well as ability to evaluate and present effective solutions
· Ability to develop metrics to track project effectiveness
· Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within communications and design areas
· Have ability to prioritize/reprioritize as necessary in order to meet deadlines
· Take initiative and have curiosity. This dynamic environment requires team players with high levels of energy and desire to succeed.
· Possess strong teamwork and communication skills to work proactively and effectively with marketing and communications team members, IT resources, outside vendors, and member staff to deliver projects within timelines and budgets
· Have strong project management skills to deliver projects within timelines and on budget
· Be organized and self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
· Demonstrate a passion for and commitment to the dairy and beef industries through strong involvement in related organizations or prior experiences and/or background within the industry. A firm knowledge of these industries as well as artificial insemination is a must.
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
Job posted: 2022-10-30