Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Multimedia Content Designer
This position normally operates in a professional office environment. However, remote work may take place due to COVID-19 and any other pandemic or for any reason as determined by NCTA’s CEO.
NCTA seeks a Multimedia Content Designer with a keen eye for design, modern graphic communications skills and a visual storytelling sense. This talented creative will conceptualize and design original visual content for a variety of platforms including web, video, and print, with a strong focus on interactive media and video projects. Candidates for this role will ensure consistency and adherence to the NCTA’s style guide and must have a well-rounded understanding of design principles and process.
- Creates and designs presentations from raw content and outlines, digesting and communicating information in a way that visually tells a story, focuses on key messaging, supports the goals of the presenter, and adheres to appropriate branding.
- Carefully considers and chooses suitable design direction including: typographic treatment, color, and appropriate imagery to support messaging.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to create innovative material and delivers high-quality content for high profile communications.
- Partners with design agencies and vendors on initiatives and provides creative direction for related projects.
- Collaborates on the visual direction for event stages, with key stakeholders.
- Serves as production expert for all video and related visual content.
- Directs video and photography production companies as well and manages and executes video post-production.
- Makes editorial decisions and manages NCTA’s photo/visual library.
- Develops internal and external presentations for NCTA spokespeople.
- Works with IT team to identify and maintain the appropriate equipment and software for video and graphic production.
- Operates production equipment in our in-house media room and manages inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience designing web and digital media.
- Extensive experience in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign), video production and editing tools (Premier/Final Cut, After Effects), and PowerPoint.
- Expert level experience in PowerPoint, at least 3 years of experience working designing PowerPoint presentations.
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to adapt to new technologies quickly and the needs of a growing and evolving organization.
- Excellent storyteller with a proven track record in illustration, design, video production, editing, animation and basic photography.
- Ability to work well within a highly collaborative team.
- Able to research and pitch fresh ideas to a team.
- Able to manage a project from start to finish, often under short deadline, while navigating changes and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to keep up to date with related industry trends and issues.
- Basic/intermediate HTML5/CSS3 is a plus.
- Experience with digital and social media platforms and tools.
- Some travel required.
Job posted: 2022-05-03