Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Multimedia Press Specialist
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Multimedia Press Specialist for its Communications department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
The Multimedia Press Specialist is responsible for managing a broad portfolio of social media and grassroots outreach for the organization. This includes creating original content/graphics/videos and developing/executing communications strategies on public-facing social media outlets.
Job duties include:
• Independently create and/or manage all daily social media postings for the AAJ Communications Department.
• Plan, execute and track the performance of social media components as they relate to AAJ communications and public affairs campaigns.
• Lead coordinated efforts with multiple departments to schedule social media postings.
• Create and edit online / web videos for AAJ and the Take Justice Back campaign.
• Develop new ideas then write, review, and edit original content for social media postings.
• Track social media conversations, engage with social media supporters, and develop social media best practices for AAJ.
• Promote AAJ, its mission, and the Take Justice Back campaign online.
• Create and manage digital content for AAJ and the Take Justice Back campaign.
• Design shareable content including graphics.
• Build social media following through organic and paid list growth.
• Communicate and engage with the public and AAJ members about civil justice on social media sites.
• Monitor and respond online to attacks on civil justice.
• Develop and oversee a calendar of digital communications for the Take Justice Back campaign and the Communications Department.
• Help build lists of key national media contacts and manage a clips database of relevant stories.
• Represent AAJ in efforts with allies to develop communications messaging and strategies.
• Propose new initiatives and ideas in strategy sessions and daily communications planning meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of communications experience working in a non- profit, public relations, or association setting.
• Experience working on a Capitol Hill campaign or press office is also preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media best practices and analytics.
• Commitment to issues important to AAJ and its members.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize, and meet deadlines on multiple, concurrent projects.
• Strong writing skills, attention to detail and good judgment.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, Illustrator and InDesign and video editing software (required); familiarity with Prezi and working knowledge of Sitecore and WordPress or other web content management system (preferred).
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite and online grassroots organizing tools (preferred).
• Self-starter with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.
• Occasional travel as assigned.
• Interest in collaborating with a team to promote and strengthen civil justice.
*AAJ is currently working a hybrid schedule.
**The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all employees to show proof of vaccination, including booster vaccination. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination and booster vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff and staff who have not received the booster shot with approved exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at all times.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please!
Click here to apply!
Job posted: 2022-05-04