NA Product Communications
Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
With a career on the Ford Communications team, you can bring the message of our exciting innovations to the world! You’ll help build and protect our global reputation as well as enhance stakeholders’ affinity for Ford and our vision to become the world’s most trusted mobility company. You’ll be part of a dedicated organization delivering best-in-class, high-impact communications programs that support our innovations, industry leadership and commitment to social responsibility. If you’re a creative, passionate communications professional, come join our agile organization as we continuously adapt to our fast-changing global environment through effective communications.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Further make progress delivering on our four Communications strategic objectives:
- Establish that Ford is the world’s most trusted company designing smart vehicles for a smart world
- Create desire for our vehicles and services, bringing to life our passion for great products and deep customer insights
- Inspire optimism, competitiveness and creative excellence among our Ford team, partners and advocates
- Demonstrate Ford’s drive to create value for shareholders Increase purchase consideration, media reach and favorability in North America by emphasizing product strengths and innovations in current and future models
- Co-develop and lead execution of Ford’s U.S. Communications plan both externally and internally:External focus:
- Lead the Mustang communications strategy for all key audiences
- Deliver meaningful Ford’s U.S. product storytelling and messages in all key earned media channels – print, broadcast and social
- Interface with the consumer communications team to broaden the company’s media profile to include more Ford vehicle exposure in non-automotive publications and venues
- Travel and support national, regional media events and auto shows to further Ford’s product communications outreach and visibility
- Serve as vehicle-line media spokesperson for vehicle story placements and pitches
- Integrate with colleagues and partners, including a blended team of agency partners and with the Global Product Communications team and processes
- Reach all key internal stakeholders – including employees, retirees and union members – as well as U.S. dealers
- Support development of press materials and multimedia assets with the Communication Team’s in-house content team
- Continue to maintain relationships with trade and automotive media, while broadening the company’s media profile to include more Ford product exposure in non-automotive publications and venues. Translate highly technical ideas and product components to broad consumer audiences.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in a Communications role
- 5+ years of media relations experience
Our preferred requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, or related field
- Strong strategy development skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to develop press materials, presentations and pitches
- Knowledge of the automotive business with an ability to develop strategies and stories around product, vehicle engineering, design, marketing – as well as quality, fuel efficiency, safety and smart technology
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Active participation in and knowledge of social media and social networking sites and tools
- Has a can-do attitude and a sense of urgency in this rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates superior influencing and negotiation skills, with internal and external contacts
- Continuously demonstrates superior problem-solving, decision-making and project management skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28