National Communications Manager
- Work Remotely
This position achieves organizational and campaign goals by implementing creative, ambitious traditional communications plans that support the policy, research and organizing initiatives of Food & Water Watch/Food & Water Action (FWW/FWA). This position works closely with policy, political, organizing and research staff to strategize, plan and implement communications tactics that forward policies and campaigns, and elevate the identity of the organization. This position serves as the day-to-day communications lead for a specific set of regional, national and/or international policy and organizing initiatives and campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Write, edit, and/or support the production of communications plans and materials related to signature campaigns, aligned issues, and other organizational priorities (including, but not limited to, communications plans, policy statements, press releases, research reports, speeches, talking points, staff briefings, policy memos, web content, video/audio scripts, social media content, etc.).
2. Collaborate with senior FWW/FWA staff to develop and implement communications strategies and tactics to support organizational initiatives (including political and organizing campaigns, policy initiatives, research initiatives, etc.).
3. Collaborate with senior staff to identify, develop, and optimize policy positions, research opportunities and campaigns to enhance strategic goals and grow the organization.
4. Plan and implement national, state and local media campaigns and tactics.
5. Build and maintain relationships with media personnel, and place news, opinion and advertising in desired media targets, and radio/TV/web interviews for staff experts.
6. Help create and implement communication trainings for FWW/FWA staff.
7. Carry out other projects, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must have proven previous experience with media, public relations, publications, and team management. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education/Experience: B.A. degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field; 5 years of communications or journalism experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Computer Skills: The incumbent must work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Compensation: Annualized at $55,500-$77,700, dependent upon experience and based on labor market.
Click here  to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Job posted: 2020-06-19