National Public Relations Strategist
As the National PR Strategist, you will play a dynamic role in helping us tell our story to journalists, influencers, thought leaders and our social network across the country. Specifically, you will develop communication plans, materials and campaigns based on your understanding of journalists interests; uncover newsworthy opportunities across the company to build our national reputation and drive awareness. This role will also have a heightened focus on brand journalism – strategic content and communications planning, writing and directing. You will also develop the platforms we use for content, and how to reach the right audiences. We’re looking for a great writer and communicator who can understand how to leverage our unique culture and business approach to drive our reputation across social, digital and print channels.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Writing and delivering weekly/monthly content to various publications so UWM or UWM preferred messaging in always in the news (i.e. Mortgage broker advocacy content, culture/leadership oriented content)
- Getting the word to national, local and industry media about all the exciting things happening at United Shore and UWM
- Writing press releases, finding news angles, securing bylines, and issuing content on the web in a creative manner
- Thinking through and executing on all aspects of a media opportunity – from the pitch, to talk points, to follow-through
- Keeping informed of industry trends, articles, reports, blogs and competitive research
- Seeking out speaking opportunities and participate in relevant organizations to elevate our profile in the local market
- Building and maintaining editorial and speaking calendars
- Developing strategic content plans to reach specific audiences with increased original content (i.e. more pointed content for real estate publications, lifestyle pubs etc.)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- BA/BS Degree in a related field
- An established network in national broadcast, print, and online media
- 10-12 years experience in professional, corporate, or news media PR
- Strong creative writing and communication skills
- Expert knowledge in maximizing content and news
- You like to jump on the highway and discover all the sights
- You are open to learning – we are big on getting better and there’s always room for improvement
- You’re a thinker and a doer – we run lean and have no room for figure heads.
- You wake up each day happy – and stay that way. Bad attitudes are not welcome here.
- You thrive in a team environment. We’re one big family who has fun together and helps each other.
- You’re a thumb pointer – you take accountability for your actions
- You are curious and always looking to up your game
- You have a good work ethic
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
United Shore is a rapidly growing, family-owned company that feels very much like family. Our team is a diverse group of mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes and more. And our award-winning workplace just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the nation, United Wholesale Mortgage. We believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your professional goals.
Here are some of the reasons you’ll love working here:
- Large, state-of-the-art fitness center with a full-size basketball court, outdoor sand volleyball court, plus Zumba and yoga classes
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician’s office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch, and a dedicated food truck
- Free fruit, soft drinks and coffee
- Convenience store featuring grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and indoor/outdoor café with Wi-Fi
- Escape room designed for team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor putting greens
Job posted: 2020-09-28