Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
National Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a National Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations. Working as a member of the Development department, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
The National Senior Manager, Corporate and Foundation Relations is a motivated leader focused on driving growth of new corporate and foundation partnerships and maximizing existing relationships to achieve national ALA revenue and mission goals. (NOTE: This position has fundraising/revenue responsibility.) The successful candidate will meet or exceed revenue goals through development of new funding strategies and relationships, and through high-touch stewardship of national accounts.
- Support organizational strategy for sustainable, long-term institutional support of national priorities from foundations and corporations.
- Collaborate with Health Promotions, Marketing, Research, HelpLine and Advocacy staff to support existing, and develop new, multi-faceted strategic initiatives and corresponding budgets aligned with institutional priorities. Identify opportunities to scale successful regional initiatives to the national level.
- Develop and manage a personal portfolio of nationwide, long-term corporate and foundation prospects and secure partnerships with new prospects previously unaffiliated with ALA.
- Achieve or exceed a defined annual revenue goal.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a year-round pipeline of new corporate and foundation relationships to ensure sufficient revenue generation and long-term engagement:
- Research and identify a viable list of new prospects.
- Position ALA as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to corporate and foundation donors and prospects.
- Cultivate long-term relationships through regular, high-quality interactions.
- Develop winning proposals and supportive materials (incl. PowerPoints, letters of inquiry, budgets, executive talking points) for prospective corporate and foundation partners.
- Lead and successfully close negotiations for accounts of $100,000-$250,000
- In support of the National Corporate and Foundation team, manage contract process for new partnerships, prepare final documents for review and signature; facilitate invoicing process. Manage financial aspects of assigned donor relationships.
- Monitor grant activities to ensure deliverables are provided with the highest quality. In collaboration with staff colleagues, develop and submit written reports as required by donors.
- Actively steward corporate and foundation accounts to develop trust, evolve relationship, increase revenue and extend duration of partnership.
- Perform continual research to identify new grant opportunities and engage national mission staff in vetting of RFP opportunities.
- Support of existing corporate and foundation accounts including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship; ongoing account management
- Corporate and Foundation research and prospecting for larger team
- Maintain fundraising grant resources for field development team
- Evaluate existing team processes and develop new processes based on team needs
- Project management and oversight of Corporate and Foundations Team projects including but not limited to:
- Health Industry Council membership outreach and updates; annual reception
- Partner events, webinars, roundtables and major touchpoints
- Reports and updates to the national board, ALA leadership and other departments
- Corporate and Foundations Team stewardship strategy
- Invoicing, revenue tracking
- Additional projects as necessary
- Maintain fundraising records in CRM database, including revenues, proposal and report submissions, deadlines, deliverables and interactions. Track and report progress against fundraising goals and institutional objectives.
- Operational management for Corporate and Foundations Team including CRM data reporting and analysis
- Conduct interactive weekly review of pipeline with National Senior Directors, Corporate and Foundation Relations, to create specific cultivation/solicitation/stewardship strategies (aka “moves management”).
- In collaboration with National Senior Directors, Corporate and Foundation Relations, initiate strategies for targeted accounts, which includes mission driving, revenue generation and key leadership interactions with specific goals across the organization.
- Attend key philanthropic and/or healthcare industry events as needed. Develop a broad external network in the institutional community aligned with the objectives of the ALA.
- Stay informed and current on institutional giving trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum five years of experience personally cultivating and soliciting corporate and foundation grants for a nonprofit or commensurate experience. Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices and techniques.
- Experience supporting ALA mission areas including but not limited to research, education and advocacy. Experience in supporting initiatives addressing health disparities and community-based health desired.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing successful proposals, correspondence and compelling case materials.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven history of excellent stewardship and account management, with strong partner growth and retention metrics.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to structure mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Demonstrated success aligning diverse stakeholders around a common objective.
- Demonstrated ability to represent mission and nonprofit programs in detail with passion and knowledge.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects and a capacity to perform well independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Commitment to and passion for the Lung Association’s mission.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, or as required.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form, including vaping.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
- *Note: Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. The target hiring range for this position is between $78,000 and $90,000 per annum.
- The Lung Association provides staff a generous paid leave package including Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees. Additionally, we offer medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits as well as a telecommuting option for staff.
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For more details about this role please reach out to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2023-09-13