NCR – Public Affairs Planner
Apogee is seeking an experienced Public Affairs Planner to join our team in the National Capital Region. The Public Affairs Planner will support the PA Plans Office in the development, coordination and implementation of PA Strategic Communication Campaign Plans and strategies for deliberate and crisis action planning, course of action development, and JOC public affairs activities including JFHQ-NCR Operation Plan 3600, National Security Special Events (NSSEs) and other official events.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client’s success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare detailed deliberate and crisis action planning products in support of the planning process for command OPLANS, OPORDS, tasks, and associated annexes, in support of JFHQ-NCR/MDW activities including PA guidance, themes, and messaging for events
- Provide analysis of the information environment, including public opinion and information, media content, and impact assessments
- Review, monitor and control classified and unclassified PA message traffic for tasks assigned to JFHQ-NCR/ MDW or subordinate elements. Coordinate actions, track and consolidate response and submit to PA Director
- Serve as liaison between PA Office and other directorates
- Provide PA SME support to the OPG, JPG, working groups, the MDW Force Protection Group and threat assessment meetings
- Plan, conduct, and participate in projects and studies to analyze and evaluate plans for current operations and emergency planning. Coordinate with applicable parties including US Secret Service, US Park Police. District of Columbia Government officials and other emergency response agencies
- Manage the planning process develop timelines and milestones and prepare operational briefings and correspondence for the PA Office
- Perform operational PA duties for the PA Office in support of exercises and real-world events
- Provide updated desk-top positional continuity book containing TTPs and SOPS. Develop, coordinate and implement professional PA training for JFHQ-NCR leadership and subordinate PA elements
- Complete the Army North DSCA Phase I and Phase II training courses and certification
What you’ll need:
- Hands-on experience and independent expertise with JFHQ NCR, N&NC, or equivalent national level homeland security experience
- 5+ years of experience in PA and Strategic Communications
- Background in JFHQ or N&NC operations
- EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BA/BA with at least 5 years of national level training experience. Experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Secret or above
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18