Weedmaps’ Government Relations and Policy team is looking for a dynamic, highly-driven and experienced full-time Operations Director to focus on coordinating, generating reporting and operationalizing our existing federal and state initiatives while being based in our Irvine Headquarters. Primary duties of this position include:
- Helping enable the mission of the Weedmaps GR team to develop innovative and groundbreaking strategies to efficiently drive message delivery to legislators and utilize software and technology to create cost-efficient, scalable methods to conduct government relations.
- Providing strategic project management and lobbying initiative coordination for activities in key jurisdictions at the state local and federal level. Exceptional organization and project management experience in a campaign, efficiency driven organization or complex project setting.
- Working closely with our VP of Operations and President to help facilitate cross-coordination on GR efforts with other departments such as Sales, Operations and Marketing.
- Helping our VP of Government Relations and regional directors more effectively measure results and outcome on GR effort and track progress against quarterly and annual OKR’s.
- Ensuring execution of key initiatives including broad county and city engagement and clear reporting to senior stakeholders on progress and strategy
- Spearheading efforts to develop better methods for tracking engagement and policy movement across state and local levels. This may include working with development team to tighten specifications for custom in-house software to accomplish these needs.
- Working with staff to track legislative and regulatory activity and help ensure that outside lobbyists are meeting targeted goals.
- Working with VP of GR to identify leverageable strategies for expanding the reach of GR platform, including coordination with product and operations on policy website and other key initiatives.
- Serving as the primary driver for the evolution of project management, reporting, OKR tracking and efficiency improvements within the department.
- Report to and assist the President and Vice President of Government Relations with:
- Managing and overseeing project managers across projects to ensure timelines are met and management receives reporting updates
- Measuring and tracking lobbyist deliverables
- Developing innovative solutions for monitoring legislative and regulatory changes
- Explore the development of custom software or customized use of JIRA, Salesforce or other tools to aid more efficiency in department
- Overseeing research team and project managers to organize data to support Weedmaps state and local initiatives
- Act as the coordinator and liaison between the GR department and sales, marketing, product, operations and other internal departments from cross-departmental efforts
- Periodic travel to company offices to review and assess progress on GR efforts and work to train and develop the GR team;
- Consult with Weedmaps’ senior leadership to inform and support business planning processes and proactively raise and address issues of concern
- Set and meet measurable objectives and departmental KPI’s/OKR’s and manage internal staff on goal delivery
- Develop innovative strategies to track GR team effort and present to management and team members
- BA/BS required; Masters, MBA or related degree preferred
- At least 5 years of strong experience in project management, management consulting, business process optimization or designing continuous improvement processes
- At least 7 years of regulatory and political advocacy experience with experience doing project management on complex projects
- Strong presentation and writing skills, and strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint) and Gsuite
- Experience with project management practices, campaign organization and use of PM tools such as JIRA, Trello or Pivotal preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and/or developing reporting packages and visualization tools a plus
- Ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize many tasks and communicate effectively
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- A self-starting, metrics-driven mentality with the ability to work autonomously
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Learn more here
Job Posted: September 1, 2017