Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Operations Manager, Global Product Marketing
The Estée Lauder Companies are the global leader in prestige beauty — delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. The brand is number 1 worldwide overall and in skincare and number 5 in make-up but with a double-digit growth.
Estée Lauder is the flagship brand of the Estée Lauder Companies Inc. founded by Estée Lauder, the world’s first female entrepreneur. The brand today continues her legacy of creating the most innovative, sophisticated, high-performance skin care and makeup products and iconic fragrances – all infused with deep understanding of women’s needs and desires. Today Estée Lauder engages with women in over 150 countries around the world and at a variety of touch points, in stores and online. And each of these relationships consistently reflects Estée’s powerful and authentic woman-to-woman point of view.
About the Job
This role reports directly to the SVP of Global Product Marketing and will be responsible to oversee all Marketing Operations:
- Sampling Program execution
- Registration Process management and Implementation of all new and existing products in China (CSAR regulation) or any country where new cosmetic regulations might be needed
- Management of all cross-category programs (sampling, hygienic supplies)
The candidate will work cross-function teams as well as all regions.
About Your Responsibilities
CONTINUOUS/IN-LINE SAMPLING PROGRAM PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Leads team to finalize seasonal continuous/in-line sample program
- Evaluates list of samples offered in prior fiscal to ensure samples are aligned with brand’s strategic direction (MOQ’s, cost targets and regional needs)
- Evaluates list of samples supporting NPL’s to determine which samples should be included in the continuous/in-line sample lineup based on brand’s strategic direction, MOQ’s, cost targets, and regional needs.
- Collaborates with regions to ensure sampling needs are met through the assortment.
- Prepares annual forecast offering including final/senior management-approved continuous/in-line sample lineup and continuously updates offering to reflect latest lineup and costs.
- Manages forecasts to ensure MOQ’s are met and regional forecasts are consistent with strategy and alignment.
- Recommends continuous/in-line SKUs for rationalization for Minor Line Edit.
CHINA REGISTRATION (CSAR) PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKINCARE AND MAKEUP
- Leads all weekly/recurring CSAR Program Review meetings as well as other relevant adhoc CSAR meetings.
- Develops and implements CSAR processes (e.g. Copy Turnover; Requesting Simplified Chinese Translations for existing products and NPL’s)
- Ensures deliverables associated with CSAR (including turning over CSAR approved copy and updating CSAR Copy Tracker/Final CSAR Copy site; providing brand direction and/or decisions; and requesting/turning over Simplified Chinese translations) are executed in accordance with key milestone dates and deadlines.
- Collaborates with CSAR/Basic Business GBSC to manage agenda for CSAR Program Review meetings.
- Acts as liaison between Product Marketing and CSAR/Basic Business GBSC to ensure questions/requests for information are addressed.
- TOOLING PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Collaborates with Finance, GSR, Product Marketing to develop tooling budget.
- In partnership with Finance, GSR and Product Marketing ensure tooling tracker is updated monthly to reflect latest budget, AR #’s, and YTD spend/commitments.
- HYGIENIC SUPPLIES PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Works on development of new sustainable hygienic supplies in collaboration with Product Development, Packaging and Procurement.
- Prepares annual forecast offering including new sustainable hygienic supplies and existing items. Continuously updates offering to include cancelled items based on low qty’s and latest costs.
- Works with Procurement/Regions to manage product export report, ensuring accuracy of orders placed; Works with Procurement to approve vendor PO’s, ensuring accuracy of costs and quantities.
- Trouble shoots issues associated with program (i.e. items requiring replacement due to new regulatory requirements – ZPT in Cushion Compact Sponge Prepack).
- SUPPORT WITH FINANCIAL, PRICING AND FORECASTING ANALYSIS
- Work with the Global Business Planning Group to compile sales forecasts and pricing analysis for all of the Eye Makeup category franchises and new launches
- Develops COGs estimates in partnership with strategic finance and liaises with cross-functional team to ensure target COGs is met. Manage COGs updates through completion of new product development
- Prepares forecast offerings and bulletins detailing new program introduction and execution
- Analytical with ability to synthesize data that drives business decisions
- Process oriented (both able to follow them and create new ones)
- Self-starter who takes a proactive approach to ensure all deliverables are met
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Thrives in a fast-paced environment and agility in Multi-Tasking
Experiences You Have
- 5+ years related work experience.
- College Degree required, MBA preferred
- Previous global and/or applied Operations experience required
- Global Supply Chain / Operations within Cosmetics industry a plus
How You Will be Successful
- Project Management skills
- Supply Chain skills
- Leadership skills
- Strategic agility
- Process implementation capacity
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-05