Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Organizer will help design ambitious campaigns to press for changes in U.S. government policy that advance price-cutting generic competition, empower communities and end treatment rationing. The Organizer also may help conceive access campaigns with partner groups around the world, including campaigns to ensure timely access to COVID-19 treatments and potential vaccines. The Organizer will work closely with the Access to Medicines Director to manage the group’s workflow, partnership and support needs.
Responsibilities: The Organizer responsibilities may include:
- Developing an organizing civil society coalitions, cultivating new partnerships and building grassroots support for group priorities,
- Contributing to campaign strategy,
- Writing campaign materials, for example fact sheets, letters and summaries for partners,
- Fundraising and contributing to grant reports,
- Speaking publicly on behalf of Public Citizen,
- Helping recruit and coordinate staff, contractors and interns,
- Coordinating group projects and support needs,
- Developing the group’s social media plan,
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience: Five or more years of social justice / public interest advocacy or other campaigning experience preferred. Management or supervisory experience a plus.
Skills: Strong organizing and communications skills required. Managerial and strategic thinking skills preferred. Language skills, particularly Spanish, a plus.
Knowledge: Familiarity with U.S. state and federal healthcare programs, racial justice issues, community health needs, prescription drug pricing, global development, intellectual property or other access to medicines issues preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefit package. This is a one-year grant contingent position. Below is a list of some of our benefits (please note that some benefits have eligibility requirements).
- Great medical and dental coverage, including full coverage for children
- Three weeks paid vacation for new employees, plus five personal days
- 401K plan with a 5% contribution from PC after one year of employment
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after one year of employment
- Sabbatical after 10 years of employment
- Student loan reimbursement program
TO APPLY: Submit a note of interest, a resume or C.V., two reference contacts and two writing samples unedited by anyone other than the applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a grant-contingent position.
Public Citizen is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBT candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2022-07-09