Organizer – Southeast Region
About the Organizer – Southeast Region
WFP is building a national mass base working class party. We’re investing in building the base our country needs. WFP Organizers are part of a cadre of skilled organizers that help us build membership and elect transformative leaders to office.
WFP is seeking an Organizer who can engage, mobilize and activate WFP members, allies and activists to advance our strategic goals. This person will build independent, progressive political power through developing, leading and executing organizing drives and campaigns that build our base and elect nontraditional and grassroots progressive candidates.
The Organizer – Southeast Region will fill an immediate need on our Southeast regional team. This person will help us build independent, progressive political power with a focus on developing a network of strong progressive leaders in working class communities.
This job will require some travel. In the immediate future we plan to run campaigns in Georgia and South Carolina and as such people with previous experience or roots in those states are strongly encouraged to apply. WFP follows national, state, and local health and safety guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic to protect our staff and our communities.
If you are interested in working in Metro Atlanta, please visit the Organizer – Southeast Region (Metro Atlanta) job posting.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Implement strong electoral programs in an assigned region that elects WFP candidates to office and builds the membership of the party.
- Maintains a schedule of 12-24 relational meetings each week with current and potential members, affiliates/partners, constituency/community leaders, candidates, elected officials and their staff, donors, foundations, and other stakeholders to expand the Working Families Party’s base of support, build teams of local leaders, and identify new opportunities to act.
- Anchor WFP membership program and initiate tactics as assigned that include: monthly membership meetings, trainings, mass meetings/convenings, canvasses/door knocks, text parties, house parties. Builds a team of local leaders that ensure all gatherings have strong attendance (benchmarks to be assigned) and utilize a WFP 2.0 culture grounded in creating radically welcoming and engaging spaces
- Ensures tracking of supporters and members and their leadership development in CRM/database, and builds a team of members capable of this
- Initiates supporter and member involvement and ultimately leadership of endorsement processes and organizational decision making
- Works day to day with key leaders (institutional leaders and rank and file, individual supporters and members, and movement leaders) teaching, coaching, mentoring, and training them, and helping build their commitment to the party
- Supports traditional and new media including recruiting and training supporters and members to write letters to the editor/op-eds, make connections with local/community media outlets, and support WFP social media strategies.
- Assists with the ongoing work of fundraising including but not limited to raising money from membership, individual donors and institutional contributions
- Invests in their own political and ideological development
- Three or more years of previous organizing experience including electoral organizing and experience organizing in communities of color or rural areas
- Must have a driver’s license and car or be willing to purchase or lease a car
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and be accountable to a remote team in an entrepreneurial work environment
- Working knowledge of, or hunger to learn, CRM databases, Action Network, Voter Activation Network (VAN), broadcast and peer-to-peer texting programs and similar digital organizing platforms and constituent relationship management systems.
- Pre-existing commitment to progressive politics or community issues
The base salary range for this position is $40,000 – $55,000/yr and will adjusted based on internal equitable scale that takes into consideration years of experience, geographic location, and final job description. We also offer a competitive benefits package, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About Working Families Party
The Working Families Party is the progressive party for the multiracial working class, fighting for a nation that works for the many, not the few. Our People’s Charter spells out our roadmap to a nation that cares for all of us. We recruit, train, and support transformational candidates up and down the ballot — and run them to win.
The WFP is made up of individual and organizational members who come together to build a new political movement to change America.
Working Families is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to apply for or perform the essential functions of the job should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application Accommodation” to request such an accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-06