Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Outreach & Communications Writer
The Outreach and Communications Writer will develop content and materials in support of recruiting providers and recipients to the project and promoting and disseminating the project’s resources and services to target audiences. He or she will also provide strategic support, technical assistance, and consultation to the Capacity Building team. The successful individual supports the process of writing, developing, and disseminating the project’s key messages across various communication channels, including website and e-mail, to promote awareness of the services available and process for engaging in capacity building. Specifically, this position will provide support in the areas of communication planning, message development, web content development, communications tools and materials development, product development, outreach, graphic design, and other related projects.
- Help lead communications and product development teams and strategies to achieve the project’s communication, dissemination, and learning goals.
- Create a variety of communication tools, materials, and messaging to support the recruitment of and communication with LSPs and EAAs and promote the project’s resources and services (e.g., e-mails, social media posts, handouts, newsletters, fact sheets, briefs, intranet content, and web content) which are clear and understandable to target audiences.
- Draft communication related to new federal guidance.
- Assist with authoring, proofing and quality control of all communications materials and products.
- Develop messages and products that are visually-appealing using graphic design techniques and/or software
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal digital content guidance documents, including style guide, image guidelines, audience personas, and others as needed.
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of external-facing web content and internal-facing intranet content.
- Coordinate tasks, teams, and timelines toward developing and maintaining content, including facilitating discussions with stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop content, ensuring content is reviewed and approved in a timely and efficient manner, and keeping content and digital platforms updated on an ongoing basis.
- Organize and manage content and develop taxonomies for digital information sharing platforms such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and our website.
- Respond to inquiries or information requests from the client, the prime, and leadership.
- Coordinate with rest of communication, product development, and training team on content development for the project.
- Support coordinating client approval of all external-facing messaging and content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Social Work or related
- 3 plus years of experience in the field of communications, preferably within the refugee arena, including experience developing and executing broad range of communication, outreach, and recruitment strategies
- 1 plus year of experience developing presentations/slide sets and delivering presentations
- 1 plus year experience developing communication, marketing, or dissemination plans
- 1 plus years of experience with MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Minimum of 3 years experience working for a refugee and immigrant organizations
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Social Work, Public Policy, Communications, or related fields with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Proficient in graphic design software such as Canva or Adobe InDesign
- Strong understanding of communication theory and its application to strategy.
- Experience with plain language principles and writing in the federal arena.
- Experience in identifying new communications technologies and channels to strengthen communication, dissemination, and recruitment
- Knowledge and applicability of Section 508 compliance and web analytics
- Knowledge and experience designing and improving processes
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is –
$66,658.00 – $113,319.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)
Job posted: 2022-11-15